Pulchra Resort: Philippines' Paradise Awaits (Your Dream Vacation Starts Here!)

Pulchra Resort Philippines

Pulchra Resort Philippines

Pulchra Resort: Philippines' Paradise Awaits (Your Dream Vacation Starts Here!)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glittering, potentially sunburnt, and maybe-slightly-sand-between-the-toes world of the Pulchra Resort: Philippines' Paradise Awaits (Your Dream Vacation Starts Here!). Forget those sterile, travel brochure reviews. This is the real deal. I’m talking, “Did I pack enough sunscreen?” and “Is that mosquito buzzing in my ear again?” kind of real. Let's get messy!

First, a disclaimer: I haven't personally stayed at Pulchra… yet. But I've been through the digital jungle, read the forums, and devoured every online review I could get my hands on. This is my attempt at synthesizing everything into a review that's, well, human. And maybe a little bit frantic.

The Basics: Accessibility, Internet, and… Surviving the Modern Age

Alright, let's start with the practical stuff. Accessibility. Gotta give Pulchra props here. They claim to have Facilities for disabled guests, which is a HUGE plus. I'm always skeptical (because, you know, life), but it's a good starting point. Fingers crossed they’re genuinely thoughtful about this, not just slapping a ramp on the entrance and calling it a day. I need to see specifics! Are there accessible rooms? How's the bathroom situation? This needs more info, Pulchra! Someone, send me detailed pictures.

Internet. Oh, the internet. A modern traveler's lifeline (and the reason I will inevitably write more of these reviews.) Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Hallelujah! Internet services [LAN]. Yes! I'm a wired-in kinda gal when I need to be, so bonus points. Wi-Fi in public areas. Fantastic! You can’t be stuck inside all the time! Just remember to (gasp!) sometimes put the phone down and look at the actual scenery. But hey, I’m not judging. Internet. Need I say more? The internet is there. And that's all I care about. I can work while I am chilling.

On-site accessible restaurants / lounges are a crucial part. If you're in a wheelchair or have mobility issues, being able to enjoy a meal without a hassle is vital. I need to know more about this: Is it easy to maneuver around? Are the tables at a good height? Is the buffet accessible? (Buffets are a minefield, sometimes.)

Cleanliness and Safety – Because, You Know, Real Life

Okay, let's talk Cleanliness and safety. This is where things get really interesting, especially post-pandemic. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment, and Room sanitization opt-out available. That's a lot. It sounds like they take this seriously, which is comforting. Look, I'm not saying I want to wipe down every surface with industrial-strength cleaner, but I do want to feel reasonably confident that I'm not going to catch something nasty. Hand sanitizer is your friend. Cashless payment service is a smart move too. Anything that minimizes contact gets a thumbs up from me.

A small, but thoughtful touch in these uncertain times? Doctor/nurse on call. That's just smart. I’d feel safer. This is all very important, but it also sounds… a little clinical, doesn't it? Let's hope they don't sacrifice atmosphere in the name of safety.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – Fueling the Fun

Alright, let's get to the good stuff: Dining, drinking, and snacking. This is crucial. Vacations are about indulging, right? Restaurants, Bars, Coffee shop, Poolside bar, Snack bar. Excellent! I need a poolside bar. It's non-negotiable. A la carte in restaurant, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Salad in restaurant, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western cuisine in restaurant. The diversity of food options! That's like music to my ears. I love that they put this much variety in their resort.

Asian breakfast, Breakfast [buffet], Breakfast service, Bottle of water, Room service [24-hour]. 24-hour room service? Sign me up! If I wake up at 3 AM craving a club sandwich, I want a club sandwich. Plain and simple.

A little Anecdote about Food: Now, I've read reviews where people raved about the happy hour. Apparently, the cocktails are potent and the sunsets are legendary. Sounds like my kind of party.

Things to Do – Ways to Relax, and Maybe Actually Do Something

Things to do, ways to relax are key. I don't just want to lie on a beach (though, let's be honest, that's a big part of it). I need options. Body scrub, Body wrap, Fitness center, Foot bath, Gym/fitness, Massage, Pool with view, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom, Swimming pool, Swimming pool [outdoor]. Woah. That's a lot. Sounds like a full day of being pampered is absolutely possible. Couple's room? Yes, please. Because why not?

The pool with a view is something I'd be paying extra attention to, because that has the potential to be amazing!

For the Kids

Babysitting service, Family/child friendly, Kids facilities, Kids meal, Pulchra has you covered. Always a good thing for family travellers.

Services and Conveniences – The Little Things That Make a Big Difference

Services and conveniences: This is where a resort really shines, making your life easier. Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center. From concierge to laundry service to luggage storage. The elevator is important! Daily housekeeping? A must. I don't want to be making my own bed on vacation.

Getting Around – Getting There, Getting Away

Getting around: Airport transfer, Bicycle parking, Car park [free of charge], Car park [on-site], Car power charging station, Taxi service, Valet parking. Okay, airport transfer is a MUST. Who wants to haggle with a taxi after a long flight? Free parking is nice, and if there's a car charging station, bonus points for being eco-friendly.

Available in All Rooms – Your Little Sanctuary

Additional toilet, Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Interconnecting room(s) available, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. Whew! That's a lot. This is a good room for the modern user. The essentials are there, plus those little luxuries that make a hotel room feel like a home away from home. I'm obsessed with blackout curtains.

Room Decorations are important! You could have the cleanest room on the planet, but if it has awful artwork and boring furniture, I'm out. Interconnecting rooms are a real benefit, and non-smoking is a must for many of us.

Safety and Security Extras - The Feel Safe Part

Access, CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Check-in/out [express], Check-in/out [private], Exterior corridor, Fire extinguisher, Front desk [24-hour], Hotel chain, Non-smoking rooms, Pets allowed unavailable, Proposal spot, Safety/security feature, Security [24-hour], Smoke alarms, Soundproof rooms I feel like a bit less paranoid just reading the list!

Couple's Room & Proposal Spot: Romance! It is very important. Even if you are flying solo,

Icelandic Adventure: Cozy Pods & Cottages - Unforgettable Camping!

Book Now

Pulchra Resort Philippines

Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because this isn't your perfectly curated Instagram feed. This is the raw, unfiltered, likely sunburnt truth of my trip to Pulchra Resort in the Philippines. Prepare for some questionable choices, questionable tan lines, and a whole lotta feeling. Let's go.

Pulchra Resort: My Unplanned Philippine Adventure (Or, How I Survived a Week of Paradise…Mostly)

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Bungalow Debacle

  • 6:00 AM: Ugh. Airport. The smell of jet fuel and pure, unadulterated dread. Remember that whole "tropical paradise equals relaxation!" fantasy? Yeah, reality is about to slap me in the face.
  • 10:00 AM: Touchdown! Manila airport. Chaos. Sweat. Beautiful chaos. The humidity hits you like a warm, wet hug… or a slow, tropical smothering, depending on your mood (mine was currently "hangry").
  • 12:00 PM: Flight to Cebu. More airport! (I think I saw my soul leave my body during the security check). At least the in-flight peanuts were decent. Small wins, people. Small wins.
  • 3:00 PM: Finally, finally arrived at Pulchra. It's… stunning. Like, postcard-level stunning. Pictures don't do it justice. The turquoise water, the lush greenery… I actually gasped. (Don't tell anyone; I try to maintain a world-weary façade).
    • The Bungalow Incident: So, they gave me the wrong bungalow. Apparently, mine was "undergoing repairs" (translation: probably infested with something that bites). The replacement? Okay, it was spectacular, overlooking the sea but the wait and the hassle…I was ready to scream into a pillow. But the view… the view saved it. Pure, unadulterated, "I'm-in-paradise" bliss. (Still, I’m pretty sure I saw a gecko judging my choice of toiletries).
  • 5:00 PM: Beach stroll. First impressions: The sand is so soft it's like walking on powdered sugar. The sun is brutal. I've already applied sunscreen three times and I feel like a walking, talking, SPF-50 advertisement.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. Fresh seafood. Seriously, the best fish I've ever tasted, so fresh it practically swam to my plate. I ate it all myself and then considered ordering another one.
  • 9:00 PM: Passed out. Exhausted, happy, and slightly sunburnt. Already dreaming of another massage.

Day 2: Island Hopping and My Near-Death Experience with a Coconut

  • 7:00 AM: Woke up to the sound of waves. This is what dreams are made of. Or, you know, the sound of the ocean. My brain isn’t working that well, yet.
  • 9:00 AM: Island hopping adventure! Got on a small boat. The ride there was windy and I felt seasick.
  • 10:00 AM: First island: Paradise. Seriously, the water is so clear you can see the bottom. Snorkeled with fish. They're colorful, they're cute, and if they get any closer, I'm convinced they're plotting something.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch on a deserted beach. Grilled fish, rice, and fresh fruit. Pure bliss. (Except for the ants. Ants are the enemy.)
    • The Coconut Incident: Okay, so this happened. I was happily sipping from a fresh coconut when… WHAM! A rogue coconut, still attached to the tree, decided to detach itself and nearly brain me. I ducked, screamed like a banshee and the coconut narrowly missed my head. There was screaming, some shocked looks. I think I nearly had a heart attack. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have a coconut-induced PTSD for a while. I ordered a strong drink after that.
  • 4:00 PM: Back to the resort. Collapsed on a sun lounger. Contemplated the meaning of life, death, and the terrifying power of falling coconuts. I probably need a therapist after all this.
  • 6:00 PM: Sunset cocktails. The sky on fire. Everything is beautiful. The coconut incident is a distant memory, replaced by the gentle sway of a hammock.
  • 7:00 PM: Another seafood dinner. This time, I'm wearing a hat. No chance of a rogue coconut this time!

Day 3: Diving, Disappointment and the Dreaded Day

  • 8:00 AM: Diving lesson. I'm not a "water person." I'm more of a "sits-on-the-beach-and-judges-people" person. But, I thought, "Why not?" Famous last words.
  • 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: The worst moment of my life. I thought I was going to be some action hero discovering a long lost sunken ship, but my experience? I was terrified and felt like I was being slowly suffocated. I panicked, my ears hurt, and I felt water up my nose. I was convinced I was going to die. I made it back to shore, looking pale. I have never been so grateful for a breath of fresh air.
  • 11:30 AM: I went back to my bungalow and felt ashamed. (Don’t judge - the experience was traumatizing. I need a drink.)
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. I'm not sure if I was hungry or just needed something to help me get over the near-death experience.
  • 2:00 PM: Spent the rest of the day hiding in my bungalow, watching TV, and questioning all my life choices.
  • 5:00 PM: A long walk on the beach. Trying to get over it.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. I ordered something bland.
  • 8:00 PM: Sleep, and hopefully, no nightmares about underwater creatures.

Day 4: Lazy Days and the Massage Miracle

  • 9:00 AM: Woke up relaxed. It feels good to just stay still.
  • 10:00 AM: Breakfast and reading a book.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Ordered more seafood, I have to be honest.
    • The Massage Miracle: I had a massage! It was so good. The therapist asked me to specify my pain. They worked magic on all the knots and all my worries just melted away. I went a few hours and could feel all the tension melting away. I wish I could get a massage every day.
  • 3:00 PM: Beach, sunbathing, and napping. The sun is intense.
  • 6:00 PM: The sunset. Another day. Another beautiful sunset.
  • 7:00 PM: Dinner. Simple. Wonderful.

Day 5: Cooking Class and the Mango Tango

  • 10:00 AM: Cooking class! I've decided to embrace my inner chef (though my inner chef may be more of an "I-burn-water" type). I made adobo. It was delicious, even if I did set off the smoke alarm.
  • 12:00 PM: Lunch – the fruits of my labor! Plus, more seafood, because, well, it's the Philippines.
  • 2:00 PM: Poolside cocktails. The “Mango Tango.” Amazing. Possibly the best cocktail I've ever had. This is where I want to live, drink cocktails, and eat mangoes.
  • 4:00 PM: Beach walk.
  • 5:00 PM: Spa time! More massages, more bliss. I'm starting to think this is the life.
  • 7:00 PM: Farewell dinner. Teary-eyed, but mostly because I'm going to miss this place. Seriously.

Day 6: Departure and the Bitter-Sweet Farewell

  • 7:00 AM: Last sunrise. It hurts, but the photos are beautiful, and this is the end.
  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. A sad, final breakfast.
  • 10:00 AM: Check-out. Goodbye, Pulchra. You were a whirlwind of beauty, near-death experiences, and delicious food. I’ll be back. I’ll probably need a therapist and a new hat, but it was worth it.
  • **12:
UK's Coziest Coach House Escape: Book Your Dream Getaway Now!

Book Now

Pulchra Resort Philippines

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because Pulchra Resort? It's… a lot. Let's just say my expectations, and the reality, had a wrestling match. Here's the FAQ, but warning: it's seen the dark side of sunrise (or maybe it was just the after-effects of a particularly potent mango shake):

So, is Pulchra Resort really "Paradise Awaits"? Or is that just marketing fluff?

Okay, real talk. Paradise? It's… sprinkled with a bit of grit. The brochure photos? Yeah, they’re amazing. But remember, those filters are your new bestie. The views? Stunning, absolutely. Legit made me gasp the first time I saw the ocean. BUT… (and there’s always a but, isn’t there?), the “pristine” beaches I’d envisioned? Well, let's just say I spent a fair amount of time dodging plastic bottles the size of my head. On the plus side - more real. Less… manufactured. Depends on what you're looking for. If you want perfection, maybe keep swiping through those travel blogs. If you want a beautiful place, with some reality mixed in, you're in the right ballpark.

What are the rooms like? Are they actually *nice*?

The rooms... oh, the rooms. I stayed in a beach villa. Let's just say, the first time I saw it, I did a little happy dance. Big, airy, gorgeous view. Then the aircon sputtered. Twice. And the Wi-Fi? About as reliable as a politician’s promise. Look, they're *generally* nice. Clean. Comfortable beds. But that "luxury" feeling? It's… fading. Fast. The shower pressure was… optimistic. And one time, I swear a gecko decided to have a rave in my bathroom. But the view from the balcony, though? Worth the Wi-Fi woes. And, honestly, the little lizard was cute. Until he kept appearing.

The food... is it any good? I'm a *serious* foodie.

Foodie? Okay, buckle up. This is where it gets… complicated. The breakfast buffet? Solid. Lots of fruit (thank goodness, those mangoes are life!), and the omelet station was my best friend. Lunch and dinner? Hit or miss. The seafood was usually amazing. Fresh. Delicious. But the pasta dishes? Let's just say they weren't exactly authentic Italian. One night, I ordered a pizza and wept (out of frustration, not joy). However, one day... Oh, one day... I stumbled upon a hidden gem: a little beachside shack with the *best* grilled fish I've ever tasted. Seriously, it was a religious experience. You just have to… look. And be prepared to navigate the menu with a small dictionary of “Filipino-English”

What activities are there? Beyond just, you know, *existing* on a beach?

Okay, so existing on a beach is a valid activity, trust me. But if you want to *do* things… snorkeling is a must. The coral reefs are pretty fantastic, despite the aforementioned plastic. They offer boat trips to nearby islands, which I did. Awesome. One morning I was snorkeling and saw a sea turtle. And I actually teared up a little, because, you know, sea turtles. Kayaking? Check. Paddleboarding? Also check. There’s a spa, which… meh. It’s fine. Nothing to write home about. (Except maybe that the massage therapist’s hands felt like tiny little angels had taken up residence in her palms). Beyond that? Well, it’s a resort. There’s not tons to do besides relax, which, depending on your personality, is either heaven or hell. I lean heavily toward heaven, after a week of all the work stress.

The staff… are they friendly? Because I need friendly.

The staff are genuinely, ridiculously, overwhelmingly friendly. Seriously, they practically bend over backwards to help you. Smiling faces everywhere. "Good morning, sir/madam!" Every. Single. Time. At first, it felt a little… much. Like, I was waiting for the catch. But there wasn't one. They’re lovely. The service is excellent. You can't fault them, the staff are incredible at Pulchra Resort. They're part of the reason the imperfections are *almost* forgiven. Almost.

Okay, specifics… what's the Wi-Fi situation like?

The Wi-Fi... *deep breath*. Okay, let’s be real: It's generally awful. If you need to work remotely, forget it, unless you're prepared to spend half your time screaming at your laptop. It works sporadically. In bursts. Which is really annoying if you've got deadlines. You'll find yourself wandering from the lobby to the beach bar, desperately seeking a signal. I even considered climbing a tree to get a better connection. (Don't worry, I didn't.) My advice? Embrace the digital detox. Or buy a local SIM card. Or… learn to love the silence. It could be the best thing about the whole trip. That is, if your boss doesn't notice you're entirely unreachable for days...

What about the bar/nightlife? What's available?

Nightlife? Well, the bar is there. They make cocktails. They're… fine. A bit on the pricey side, but that's to be expected. Don't expect a wild party scene. Think more… relaxed. Chatting, listening to the waves. It's all pretty chilled. One night, though, a local band played, and they were surprisingly good. The drinks flowed. Dancing happened (badly, on my part). It felt… right. Then, around 11 pm, everything quieted down. That's the rhythm of the place, it gets quiet early. Basically, if you are looking for the rager of your dreams, move along.

So, would you go back? Be honest.

That's a tough one. Parts of me are like, "Never again!" because the Wi-Fi, seriously, drove me around the bend. And there's some upkeep that should be addressed. And I wished for a proper espresso machine. But… then I remember the sunsets. Holy mother of sunsets. And that grilled fish… and the feeling of *actually* relaxing after a week of stress. And the genuinely lovely people. And, you know what? Deep down, yeah. I'd probably go back. Maybe. But I'm bringing my own Wi-Fi hotspot. And bribing the chef for that grilled fish recipe. And *definitely* a big bottle of bug spray. You've been warned.

Roaming Hotels

Pulchra Resort Philippines

Pulchra Resort Philippines