Escape to El Cielito Inn: Your Dream Baguio Getaway Awaits!

El Cielito Inn - Baguio Philippines

El Cielito Inn - Baguio Philippines

Escape to El Cielito Inn: Your Dream Baguio Getaway Awaits!

Escape to El Cielito Inn: My Baguio Bliss (and a Few Quirks!)

Okay, let’s be real. Baguio City is calling. The cold itself is practically beckoning, begging you to ditch the Manila heat and breathe in that pine-scented goodness. And when you're planning your escape, "Escape to El Cielito Inn" pops up, promising… well, a getaway. I’ve been there, I’ve braved the traffic, and I'm here to tell you what I truly think. Buckle up, buttercups, because this ain't your average hotel review.

First Impressions (and My Initial Panic Attack):

Getting there is, well, Baguio-esque. If you're like me, prone to motion sickness and existential dread in heavy traffic, pray you snag a decent taxi. Thankfully, once you do arrive, El Cielito is… decently accessible. Accessibility is a thing; I'm not disabled but I'm always mindful of it for folks who might be. The elevator's a blessing, though I did see a few potential "wheelchair accessible" hiccups in certain areas – check with them directly if that's your top priority. (They do list "Facilities for disabled guests" in their services, so that’s something!). Parking… well, there's car park [free of charge] and car park [on-site], so that's a win in a city where parking spots are rarer than a smiling traffic enforcer.

My Room: A Sanctuary, Mostly.

My room? "Available in all rooms:" Yes, there's Air conditioning, but let's be honest, you're in Baguio – you'll likely be turning it off. Alarm clock? Check. Bathrobes? Absolutely. They even have slippers! (I'm a sucker for slippers). And thank the heavens for blackout curtains because even Baguio sunlight can be brutal after a night of cocktails (more on that later).

I had the usual suspects: Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathroom phone, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Carpeting, Closet, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Extra long bed, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor, In-room safe box, Internet access – LAN, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Mirror, Non-smoking, On-demand movies, Private bathroom, Reading light, Refrigerator, Safety/security feature, Satellite/cable channels, Scale, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Socket near the bed, Sofa, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Umbrella, Visual alarm, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi [free], Window that opens. Basic, but adequate. My personal favorite parts were the coffee/tea maker (because mornings in Baguio are sacrilege without a hot brew), and the free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Woohoo! You know, if you had to work. 😜

But (and there's always a but), the lighting was a little dim, and the mirror was positioned… slightly off-kilter for my selfie game. (First world problems, I know). Also, while the Daily housekeeping was on point, the bathroom sink had a very persistent drip. I'm told it was fixed by the front desk, I'm trusting that claim tho.

Internet Adventures (or, My Quest for a Decent Signal):

Let's talk Internet. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a highlight, and it worked reasonably well for basic stuff. But hey, my quest to upload an Instagram story of me in a sweater with a perfectly curated caption was frequently thwarted by a less than stellar signal. I had the option for Internet access – LAN and Internet access – wireless, but realistically, the Wi-Fi held up fine for streaming and basic work stuffs.

Food Glorious Food (and My Regrets):

Okay, the eating! This is where El Cielito shines, and also where I may have slightly overindulged. They have Restaurants, Coffee shop, Snack bar, Bar, Poolside bar*… it's a smorgasbord of deliciousness!

The Asian breakfast was a staple, and a welcome change from the usual hotel fare. I sampled the Asian cuisine in restaurant and it was pretty good. There was also the option of a Western breakfast. And Breakfast [buffet] was available, to choose from. I did try the Desserts in restaurant… let's just say my waistline is still recovering. Room service was a 24-hour dream, perfect for those late-night cravings, and the bottle of water was a lifesaver.

Dining, drinking, and snacking was an absolute blast. The Happy hour at the bar was a definite highlight, and the Poolside bar's cocktails were dangerously easy to drink.

Relaxation Station (and My Near-Death Experience in the Sauna):

Ah, the relaxation. El Cielito knows how to pamper. The Spa and Spa/sauna are a must. The Sauna was a bit intense, folks. Okay, it was very intense. I may have briefly considered requesting the front desk summon a doctor from the Doctor/nurse on call list. But, hey, I survived, and my skin felt amazing afterward.

They also have a Pool with view, a Swimming pool [outdoor], a Body scrub and Body wrap. As for Fitness center, Gym/fitness, I'll admit, I skipped those. Baguio's all the workout you need, right?

Cleanliness, Safety, and That Ever-Present Anxiety:

Let's get serious for a sec, okay? Traveling in these COVID times is… stressful. El Cielito takes Cleanliness and safety seriously. They had Anti-viral cleaning products that were absolutely used. Hand sanitizer everywhere! Hand sanitizer stations were plentiful. I appreciated the Daily disinfection in common areas and the Rooms sanitized between stays. The staff were clearly trained in safety protocol and were wearing masks. The Physical distancing of at least 1 meter was observed, and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items was available.

I didn't see any Sterilizing equipment, but you know what First aid kit was available if you needed it. I'm not gonna lie, the presence of a Fire extinguisher and Smoke alarms made me sleep a little easier. (I'm a worrier, what can I say?). They also have CCTV in common areas and Security [24-hour].

Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter:

They offer a ton of stuff. Air conditioning in public area, Audio-visual equipment for special events, Business facilities, Cash withdrawal, Concierge, Contactless check-in/out, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Dry cleaning, Elevator, Essential condiments, Facilities for disabled guests, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Indoor venue for special events, Invoice provided, Ironing service, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Meeting/banquet facilities, Meetings, Meeting stationery, On-site event hosting, Outdoor venue for special events, Projector/LED display, Safety deposit boxes, Seminars, Shrine, Smoking area, Terrace, Wi-Fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center. I didn't need most of these, but it's great to know they're there.

For the Kids (and Babysitting Services):

I don't travel with kids, but El Cielito is Family/child friendly, with Kids facilities and Kids meal. They also have a Babysitting service. So, if you’re dragging along the next generation, know they’re covered.

Getting Around: Baguio's Taxi Tango:

Getting around Baguio is its own special experience. They offer Airport transfer, which is nice. But be prepared for the taxi situation. They do have Taxi service and Valet parking. But honestly, walking is often faster, and more scenic.

The Verdict (And My Recommendation):

Would I recommend Escape to El Cielito Inn? Absolutely, yes! It's a solid choice, offers a comfortable stay, and has enough amenities to keep you entertained (and well-fed). It’s got its quirks (a leaky faucet here, a dim light there), but the location, the service, and the overall experience make it worth the trip.

My Quirky Observations/Emotional Reactions:

  • I loved the fact that my room had Room decorations
  • The Couple's room looked very romantic.
  • I almost missed the Breakfast takeaway service because I was too busy staring at the Shrine.

Final Score: 4 out of 5 stars. Baguio bliss, with a sprinkle of imperfection.

**SEO-Friendly Offer: Escape to El Cielito Inn: Your Dream Baguio

Pushpak Resort India: Your Paradise Awaits (Unbelievable Luxury!)

Book Now

El Cielito Inn - Baguio Philippines

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the chaotic whirlpool that is my alleged "itinerary" for El Cielito Inn, Baguio! This isn't some pristine, Instagram-filtered travel plan, oh no. This is the raw, unfiltered, slightly-hungover truth.

Day 1: Arrival… and the Great Baguio Blanket Crisis of '24

  • 1:00 PM: Landed in Baguio, immediately regretting my life choices (specifically, the two-hour commute from Manila. Why did I think that was a good idea?). Taxi driver was a legend though, regaling me with tales of traffic nightmares and the best kare-kare in town. Made a mental note.

    • Anecdote: Okay, so the taxi? Turns out he’s also a part-time psychic. Kept calling me “Madam” and predicting rain… which, spoiler alert, happened.
  • 2:00 PM: CHECK-IN! El Cielito Inn. Okay, first impressions? The lobby is kind of charmingly… dated. Felt like stepping back in time, in a good way? Maybe. They’ve got this old-school piano, and I'm really tempted to start pounding out some tunes, but the fear of judgment stopped me.

  • 2:30 PM: The Room. Ah. My sanctuary. …Or so I thought. The view is… a wall. A brick wall. Sigh. And THEN. THEN I discovered the blanket situation. It was thin. Like, insultingly thin. Baguio is freezing at night, and this blanket was practically daring me to shiver to death.

    • Emotional Reaction: Furious. Mildly hysterical. I went to reception and demanded… no, pleaded for a thicker blanket. They looked at me like I was a lunatic, but bless their hearts, they delivered a slightly-less-thin blanket. Victory! (Sort of…)
  • 3:30 PM: Exploration: Session Road. The chaos! Vendors hawking everything from strawberries to… well, other things I couldn’t quite decipher. Smells of street food fill the air. People everywhere. It’s sensory overload, in the best way possible.

    • Quirky Observation: The sheer volume of people wearing puffy jackets. Seriously, did they all escape from a giant mall? I felt underdressed in my slightly-thicker-than-a-napkin blanket.
  • 4:30 PM: Shopping. Because who goes to Baguio and doesn't stock up on pasalubong? Started with ukay-ukay shopping at Burnham Park and ended up buying a mountain of clothes.

  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Found a small restaurant and had bulalo. Because, BAGUIO. Comfort food is king.

  • 8:00 PM: Back to the room. Blanket assessment: still an inadequate defense against the creeping cold. Contemplated wearing all my clothes to bed. The struggle is real.

  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime. Reading a book. Started with "The Secret Garden," a book that reminds me of my childhood.

Day 2: The Strawberry Fields Forever (and the Great Breakfast Debacle)

  • 7:00 AM: Wake up. Freezing. Blanket still a joke. Curse the gods of thin fabrics.

  • 7:30 AM: Breakfast at the Inn (Included, thankfully). Or rather, the Great Breakfast Debacle. The menu promised a feast. Reality? A lukewarm scrambled egg that tasted vaguely of sadness. Instant coffee that could strip paint.

    • Emotional Reaction: Disappointment? More like soul-crushing disillusionment. My hopes, previously buoyed by the promise of a hearty morning meal, were dashed against the rocks of blandness. I drowned my sorrows in more coffee, which, surprisingly, somehow made it better. A little.
  • 8:30 AM: After the breakfast and the coffee, I went to the strawberry farm. I took photos.

  • 10:00 AM: Session Road (Again!). This time, in search of better coffee. Found a little cafe with surprisingly good iced coffee. The world felt a little brighter.

  • 11:00 AM: Burnham Park. Visited the park, enjoyed the breeze.

  • 12:00 PM: Lunch. Had a meal at the food court inside a mall.

  • 1:00 PM: Mines View Park, spent some time there.

  • 2:00 PM: Had a second coffee.

  • 3:00 PM: Going back to the hotel. Contemplating what to do with the rest of the afternoon.

  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. More bulalo, obviously.

  • 8:00 PM: Back to the room. Trying to finish the book.

  • 9:00 PM: Bedtime. Praying for a warmer blanket in my dreams.

  • Rambling (and potentially unnecessary) Thoughts: You know, I'm starting to like this trip. It's not perfect. The blankets are a disaster. But there's something about the hustle and bustle of Baguio, the scent of pine needles, the slightly grumpy mood of everyone (probably due to the weather), that's kind of… charming. Maybe it's the freedom of being away from the everyday. Maybe it's the fact that I can eat bulalo whenever I want. Either way, I'm slowly surrendering to the chaos.

Day 3: Departure… and the Lingering Blanket Trauma

  • 7:00 AM: Woke up. Realized the blanket, despite its shortcomings, had actually kept me relatively warm. Small victories!

  • 7:30 AM: Breakfast (Round 2). Same breakfast. Same disappointment. But hey, at least I had coffee training.

  • 8:30 AM: Packing. The unglamorous truth of any trip. Resorted the clothes bought yesterday.

  • 9:30 AM: Checking out. Said a fond (and slightly sarcastic) farewell to the brick-walled room. Promised myself I'd find a better blanket next time.

  • 10:00 AM: One last stroll down Session Road. Bought more pasalubong. Because, again, BAGUIO.

  • 11:00 AM: Taxi to the bus terminal. The ride back was smoother than the ride up.

  • 12:00 PM: Goodbye, Baguio, until next time.

  • Emotional Reaction: A bittersweet mix of relief (goodbye, thin blanket!) and longing. I left a piece of my heart somewhere in the strawberry fields. And, yes, I am already planning my return.

  • Opinionated Language: Baguio is a city of contrasts, of beauty struggling against slightly run-down infrastructure, of amazing food and… less amazing blankets. But it's real, it's vibrant, and it's utterly unforgettable.

  • Messier Structure: There were probably things I forgot. Little coffee breaks, moments of indecision, random conversations.

This, my friends, is my El Cielito Inn, Baguio itinerary. Hope you enjoyed it. And if you happen to visit, maybe bring your own blanket. Just sayin'.

Bellevue Syrene Italy: Is This the Most Stunning Hotel You've EVER Seen?

Book Now

El Cielito Inn - Baguio Philippines

Here's that FAQ, all messy and human, for Escape to El Cielito Inn:

Escape to El Cielito Inn: Your Dream Getaway... Maybe? (Let's Be Real)

Okay, so is El Cielito *actually* a dream? Or just… alright-ish?

Look, dreams are subjective, right? My dream involves a bottomless pit of chocolate, so El Cielito isn't *that* kind of dream. But… it's got vibes. Good vibes, generally. The cozy factor is through the roof, like someone wrapped you in a giant, slightly damp, but still comforting blanket. But, and there's always a but, it's *Baguio*. Expect some traffic. Expect the occasional leaky faucet. Expect… well, let's just say it’s charmingly imperfect. Which, honestly, is part of its appeal. You’re not in a soulless chain hotel; you're in a place with character. Which is a polite way of saying, "stuff happens."

How do I even *get* there? Baguio traffic, anyone?

Oh, honey. This is where the rubber meets the road, or rather, the bus meets the standstill on Kennon Road. You can drive (good luck with that parking situation, though!), take a bus (Victory Liner is your friend... until, you know, it's not), or even fly into Clark and then bus it up. I took the bus last time, thinking I was being smart. Turns out, "smart" just meant spending three extra hours glued to a seat. Bring snacks. ALL the snacks. And a good book. Or, you know, a coping mechanism. Valium, anyone? (Kidding! Mostly…) Remember to plan your arrival in advance because you will get caught in a traffic and take advantage of the bus's restroom.

Alright, rooms. What's the deal? Are they… clean?

Clean. That's the keyword, yes. I mean, "clean" in a "lived-in-but-swept-regularly" kind of way. Think 'grandma's house' not sterile hospital. (Which, for me, is ideal anyway). The rooms are generally cozy, sometimes quirky (think a small balcony with a killer view), and the beds are pretty comfy. I’ve stayed in some that were perfectly spotless, and others… well, let's just say I've seen dust bunnies evolve. But honestly? I'm not a germaphobe. I'm more of a "does-it-smell-like-old-socks?" kind of person, and generally, El Cielito passes that test. Most importantly, the water pressure is good for a nice hot shower so you will enjoy your stay.

Food! Tell me about the food! Do they even have a kitchen?

They do have a kitchen, praise the heavens! Breakfast is included, and it’s… serviceable. Think eggs done every way imaginable and a spread of Filipino breakfast staples. Nothing mind-blowing, but it’ll fill you up before you head out to explore Baguio. The real magic, though, is the location. You're surrounded by *amazing* restaurants. Walkable, easy to get to. My advice? Load up on longganisa and garlic rice in the morning, then go explore. Don’t plan your meals around the inn. Baguio’s a foodie paradise. They have this cafe nearby called "Cafe by the Ruins". Oh my goodness, the food is exceptional and a must try!

Wifi. Is it a total joke? I need to, you know, *work* sometimes…

Okay, let’s be brutally honest: it’s hit-or-miss. It’s like trying to hold hands with a squirrel – sometimes it works, sometimes it runs away. When it works, it's decent. When it doesn't… well, embrace the digital detox. Pretend you're off the grid. Send emails beforehand. Save what you need on your phone. If you absolutely *must* have perfect wifi, maybe El Cielito isn’t your best bet. Or, you know, bring a portable hotspot and hope for the best.

What about those views I keep hearing about? Instagrammable?

Oh, *yes*. Some rooms have *stunning* views. Think misty mountains, pine trees, golden sunsets… total Instagram bait. I once had a balcony overlooking… well, it was gorgeous. I spent a whole afternoon just sitting there, staring, and sipping bad instant coffee (don't judge me!). It was pure bliss. So, yes, the views are worth it. Request a room with a view! And if you get a good one, do it.

Is it kid-friendly? I'm dragging the whole crew!

Hmm, it's… reasonably kid-friendly. There's not a playground or anything *specifically* for kids, and the layout can be a bit… well, not always stroller-friendly. But the staff is generally nice, and Baguio itself is a great place to explore with kids. Just be prepared to carry those little monsters (and their endless supplies) up the stairs!

Okay, the BEST part: The Staff? Are they nice people?

Absolutely. The staff is the *best* part. They are genuinely lovely people. They are friendly, helpful, and just… *nice*. They'll offer recommendations, help with your bags (if you're lucky!), and generally make you feel welcome. I had an issue with my air conditioning once, and the guy fixed it within minutes. No complaints here.

What’s the parking situation? Terrifying?

Parking. Ah, the bane of Baguio's existence. El Cielito Inn's parking situation is… *adequate*. It exists, which is already a victory in Baguio. But it can get crowded, especially during peak season. Arrive earlier in the day to secure a spot, or be prepared to park a few blocks away and walk. It's a minor inconvenience, but worth it for the overall experience.

Okay, lay it on me: The one thing that REALLY annoyed you?