
Anahaw Studio Suites: Your Dream Philippine Getaway Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into a review of Anahaw Studio Suites. And trust me, after spending a week there, I have OPINIONS. Let's get this messy, honest, and probably rambling review started.
(Disclaimer: Because I'm gonna spill my soul, I am not a travel blogger. I'm just a regular human who loves a good vacation and a comfy bed, and I'm not being paid to say any of this.)
First Impressions & Accessibility - The Good, The Slightly Less Good, Then the 'Oh Dear' Moments
So, let's set the scene. You’re looking for a Philippine getaway, yeah? Me too! Anahaw Studio Suites, they scream "chill and relax" online. The photos show pristine pools, smiling faces, and promises of paradise. Now, I have to say, the accessibility part? Mixed bag. The website mentioned facilities for disabled guests. While I don't personally need it – thank the gods for my perfectly functioning limbs – I did notice ramps and elevators. Good start! Elevator is a definite plus. Exterior corridors…well, I personally liked being able to pop out and breathe the air, but I can see how that could be a down-side for some. Finding accessible restaurants on-site? Now, that I didn't get to delve into.
Now the 'Oh Dear' moments:
- I was so stoked, excited, and then…. I found the front desk, (which had 24-hour service, btw, which is a MUST.) I was excited to check if the room was ready, because let's be honest, after a long flight all I want is a shower. The staff were friendly enough, but it took a while. The check-in process felt longer than it needed to be, and the staff, bless their hearts, seemed… new. Minor quibble, I know. But when you're tired, little things become huge things. Also, I wouldn't classify it as a hotel chain.
Rooms: Bliss, But With a Few Quirks!
Okay, the rooms themselves. This is where Anahaw really shines, and I do have to give them credit.
Available in all rooms: Right, so let's list off the essentials, shall we? Air conditioning, tick. Alarm clock, tick. Bathrobes, oh yes! (Slippers too, thank goodness because hotel floors… shudder). Free bottled water, a lifesaver in that heat. Coffee/tea maker, YES. Hair dryer, Check. Plus, a desk (for those emails you have to answer, ugh), internet access – wireless, and frankly, pretty stellar Wi-Fi [free].
My Absolute Favorite Thing: The blackout curtains. Seriously, these are a godsend for anyone who craves a good night's sleep (and I do). I slept like the dead. The bed was comfy, with extra long beds, so even my lanky friend didn't have to curl up like a pretzel.
Minor complaints: The mirror in the bathroom could have used some better lighting, made shaving a little tricky, and one of the showers in the neighboring room had a pretty persistent drip, which drove me nuts. And who needs a bathroom phone, seriously? Who am I, James Bond?
The Extra Touches That Matter: The in-room safe box (always appreciated), and the safe/security features overall were reassuring. They even had smoke detectors and smoke alarms, which is not something you always notice, but is damn important! Soundproofed rooms are a major plus.
Dining & Drinking - A Mix of Experiences
Alright, let's talk food. I wouldn’t classify Anahaw as a culinary destination, but they definitely don’t disappoint.
Breakfast: The breakfast [buffet] was pretty decent. I had an Asian breakfast one morning, but mostly, I stuck to the Western breakfast - eggs, bacon, toast, the usual. They did offer breakfast takeaway service, which was handy for early excursions.
Restaurants/Cafe/Bar: The restaurants were okay. I can't say any were mind-blowing. I wish there was a more diverse spread of Asian cuisine, because I wanted more than rice and chicken. The coffee/tea in restaurant made me happy every morning. They had a poolside bar which was cool. I didn't spend much time there, but it seemed like a good place to chill.
Other random thoughts: I enjoyed the bottle of water they left for me daily, and I thought the desserts in restaurant were quite delightful. There was a happy hour, which, of course, I took advantage of.
Things to Do – Relaxation, Spa & Getting Your Zen On
Now, if you're looking to unwind, Anahaw has you covered.
Pools: There's a swimming pool [outdoor] which is gorgeous, with a pool with a view. I spent hours there, just floating around and staring at the sky. Pure bliss.
Spa: The spa was a particular highlight. I went for a massage after a long day of sightseeing. I was so relaxed I could barely walk afterward. I didn't try the body wrap or body scrub, but I heard good things. They also had a sauna, spa/sauna, and steamroom, which I didn't bother using.
Fitness Center: Yeah, yeah, they have a fitness center. I intended to go. I really did. But I was on vacation. So I didn’t.
Cleanliness & Safety – Feeling Safe & Cared For
This is a big one, especially in these post-pandemic times, am I right?
Excellent: The cleanliness was top-notch. Super, super clean. I'm talking pristine. They used anti-viral cleaning products, the daily disinfection in common areas was evident, and the staff all seemed well-versed in the safety protocols.
They have it: Hand sanitizer, first aid kit, sanitized kitchen and tableware items, room sanitization opt-out available, staff trained in safety protocol, and sterilizing equipment.
A Few Things to Note: there was physical distancing of at least 1 meter, which was, of course, nice.
Overall, VERY impressed with their safety efforts.
Services & Conveniences – The Extras That Matter
Anahaw offers a good array of services to make your stay easier.
- Essential stuff: They had a concierge and luggage storage. There's a convenience store nearby, helpful for snacks and essentials. Laundry service and dry cleaning are available.
- Getting Around: Free car park [on-site], airport transfer (always a bonus), and taxi service.
- Business travelers: They have business facilities – like meeting/banquet facilities and meeting stationery (though I didn’t use them so who knows how good they are). They did Xerox/fax in business center.
For the Kids - Family Friendly Fun
The kids' corner seemed well-equipped with kids facilities and a babysitting service, though I wasn't actually around any kids, so I can't vouch for it personally.
Getting Around & The Things I Didn't Test
Getting Around? They have a car park [free of charge]. They also have airport transfer.
The Things I Didn't Test: I never used the doctor/nurse on call, or needed the cash withdrawal service. I did not arrange meetings, do seminars, or attend any outdoor venues for special events.
My Verdict & Final Thoughts (and a Super-Secret Offer! Shhh!)
Anahaw Studio Suites is a solid choice for a relaxing Philippine getaway. The rooms are comfortable, the pool is heavenly, and the spa is a must-do. The accessibility is decent, but there's room for improvement. Yes, the dining is pretty good. Safety and cleanliness are clearly a priority, which is fantastic.
Would I go back? Absolutely. And I’m already planning my next trip!
Here's the super-secret, exclusive, and slightly cheeky offer for my readers:
Book your stay at Anahaw Studio Suites this week through the link [I CANNOT PROVIDE A LIVE LINK] and you'll receive:
- A complimentary bottle of the local wine of your choice! (Because you deserve it!)
- A guaranteed room upgrade, subject to availability! (Because, why not?)
- A special discount on spa services! (Treat yourself, you're worth it!)
Why? Because you, my friend, deserve a little slice of paradise. So
Escape to Paradise: Rama Guest House, India Awaits!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, 'cause we're about to plan a trip to Anahaw Studio Suites in the Philippines…with me, a chaos agent and emotional rollercoaster, at the helm. This ain't gonna be your pristine, Pinterest-perfect itinerary. This is gonna be REAL.
Anahaw Antics: A Philippine Adventure (May Contain Spilled Coffee & Existential Dread)
Phase 1: The Pre-Trip Panic (aka "Why did I agree to this?!")
Week Before: Oh GOD. I've booked this. Anahaw Studio Suites. Philippines. Alone. (Maybe with a side of 'who am I?' thrown in.) I've been scrolling through Instagram, and it's all pristine white sand and impossibly tan people. I'm pretty sure my pasty, perpetually indoors complexion is going to spontaneously combust.
- To-Do: Pack. (Which means staring at my closet for an hour, then throwing a bunch of vaguely appropriate clothes into a suitcase and hoping for the best.) Buy that travel adapter I always forget. Panic-Google "mosquito repellent Philippines." (Spoiler: I’ll still manage to become a mosquito buffet.)
- Emotional State: Impending doom mixed with a sliver of "OMG, I need a break!" and a generous helping of "What if I get eaten by a giant, undiscovered sea monster?"
Day Before: Final frantic packing. Realize I don't have a phrasebook. Scribble down "Where's the bathroom?" in a notebook. (Practical, right?) Feel overwhelmingly unprepared. Binge-watch travel vlogs – mostly regretting the decision.
- To-Do: Download offline maps. Delete ex's photos (crucial, always). Try to sleep, fail miserably.
- Emotional State: Jittery. Irritated. Suddenly obsessed with the aerodynamics of my carry-on bag.
Phase 2: Arrival & Initial Chaos (aka "I'm pretty sure I've already screwed up")
Day 1: The Descent
- Morning: Touch down in Manila. The humidity hits me like a wall. Immediately start sweating. Almost forget to get my luggage. Find myself in a sea of unfamiliar faces and unfamiliar smells. (Good and bad. Mostly good, actually.)
- The Realization: Oh man, the real deal of travelling alone is really upon me. I was so confident, now I am just a small mortal, and this is like, a whole different world.
- Afternoon: Transportation Woes: Figure out the pre-booked transport to Anahaw – which apparently involves a jeepney, which looks suspiciously like a brightly painted bus with questionable suspension. Pray. Wonder if I should’ve learned more than “Where’s the bathroom?” in Tagalog. End up crammed in, wedged between a smiling woman cradling a chicken and a guy who looks suspiciously like my reflection (minus the stylish beard, which I have), and an equally suspect stranger who seems to enjoy my discomfort.
- The Journey: The jeepney ride is an assault on the senses. Colors, sounds, smells… it's all a bit overwhelming, but also strangely beautiful. I feel like a complete idiot for being so self-absorbed and missing out on so much life. The guy next to me (the one who does not have a stylish beard) keeps stealing glances, and I begin to suspect he's enjoying my distress.
- Evening: Anahaw Check-in & Initial Reactions: Finally, Anahaw! And it's… lovely. The studio is smaller than I imagined, but bright and clean. There is also a big spider on the ceiling. (Deep breaths. Deep breaths.) The view? Breath-taking. Suddenly, the chaos melts away a little. I’m actually here. This is surreal. My stomach rumbles.
- Dinner: Find a local eatery. The menu’s in Tagalog. Point at pictures. End up with something delicious. (Success!) Feel a moment of pure, unadulterated joy. This is why I do this, right? For the adventure. For the tiny moments of grace.
Day 2: Poolside Debacle and Food Coma
- Morning: A swim in the pool! Which is… less pristine than the Instagram photos suggested. (Shocking, I know.) The water's nice, though. I feel so vulnerable in my overly-modest swimsuit amongst the impossibly sculpted bodies. Decide to avoid eye contact.
- Mid-Morning: Sunbathing. Burn. Immediately. Apply more sunscreen. (Still burn.) Contemplate the futility of fighting the sun.
- Lunch: Order some local cuisine. (Adobo, maybe? Or sinigang? I'm still a bit unsure.) Proceed to eat myself into a food coma. Regret nothing.
- Afternoon: The food coma takes hold. Nap. Wake up feeling slightly guilty but mostly blissfully relaxed.
- Evening: Try to find a decent nightspot. Get lost. End up at a karaoke bar. Am coaxed into singing "My Way." (Mortification levels at maximum.) The local crowd is super chill, and after a while I get over myself and start belting the song out, and actually having a blast. Maybe I am having fun!
Phase 3: Exploring the Island (aka "When will I stop being lost?")
Day 3: Beach Day & the Existential Crisis
- Morning: Finally brave the beach. The sand is white. The water is turquoise. It's like a screensaver… but real! Spend an embarrassing amount of time taking photos. (Gotta document it all, right?)
- Mid-Day: Wander down the shoreline. Start walking, and walking, and walking. Get a bit lost. Find a gorgeous, secluded beach. Feel a moment of immense peace. Then remember I forgot my phone. Panic.
- Afternoon: A wave crashes. Realize I am in bare feet, and am so far. Walk back and back to Anahaw.
- Evening: Try to write in my journal but it's mostly rambling about feelings. (Surprise, surprise.) Contemplate life choices. Eat some local fruit.
- Final Thought: I feel an enormous sense of peace, and freedom, and this life is the life I think I want, at least for now
Day 4: Culture Shock & Unexpected Friendships
- Morning: Decide to "do culture" and visit a local market. Get massively overwhelmed by the smells, sights, and sheer business of it all. Almost buy a durian. (Chickened out.)
- Mid-Day: Meet a local woman who is unbelievably friendly. She shows me around. We chat. Realize I genuinely miss normal human interaction.
- Afternoon: Share a meal. Laugh (a lot). Feel a profound sense of connection. Travel is more than just the sights; it's also the people. This is amazing. I can't believe I was so hesitant at first.
- Evening: Back at the studio. Feel an unexpected surge of homesickness. (But also a feeling of accomplishment. I did it!)
Day 5: The Departure (aka "Did I really come here?")
- Morning: One last breakfast. Say goodbye to the view. Pack. (Less panicked this time.) Realize I actually… like the jeepney now.
- Afternoon: Trip back to Manila. A quiet ride. Reflect on the journey. I feel like a completely different person. (Okay, maybe just a slightly less neurotic one.)
- Evening: Flight. Watch the sun set over the Philippines. Cry a little. (Happy tears. Mostly.)
- Final Thoughts:
- I'm definitely going to be a complete mess when I get back. But also, I'm going to be a better version of myself. Or, you know, at least a slightly more interesting one.
- Philippines, you’re beautiful. And sometimes a little bit terrifying. And I can’t wait to come back.
- Maybe I should learn Tagalog. And how to swim properly. And how to not burn in the sun.
- Most importantly, I'm going to remember to bring a travel adapter. And to embrace the chaos. P.S. – I probably forgot some stuff. And I probably got lost a few more times. And there were definitely moments where I considered giving up and going back to my safe, boring life. But… I didn’t. And that's what counts, right?

Anahaw Studio Suites: Your Dream Philippine Getaway... (But Seriously, Is It?) - FAQs & Ramblings
Okay, Okay, So What *Actually* IS Anahaw Studio Suites? Like, Spill the Beans!
Alright, alright, no need to get your *sando* in a bunch. Anahaw Studio Suites, from what I gathered (because let's be honest, reading websites is a chore), is a kinda-boutique apartment complex in the Philippines. "Studio" implies small, but hey, maybe small is cozy, right? They promise "dream getaways" and all that jazz. Which, let's face it, sets a *high* bar. I'm picturing myself lounging on a pristine white balcony, sipping something fruity, and not being eaten alive by mosquitoes. We'll see about that. Because, you know, the Philippines.
Where is this "Dream" Located? Location, Location, LOCATION! (And Is It Easy to Get There?)
Good question! Because a "dream getaway" that takes a week to *get* to... not so dreamy. They *generally* keep the location pretty hush-hush until you book, which, red flag number one? But I've heard whispers of locations like... well, some *near* beaches. I vaguely recall seeing something about "close proximity to the airport," which could be good! Or bad, depending on your tolerance for airplane noise. Imagine trying to take a nap with a jet engine blasting... Ugh. Frankly, I’m more excited about the *possibility* of easily accessible beaches than the suites themselves.
What Kind of Amenities Are We Talking About? Wifi? Air Con? (Survival Essentials!)
Oh boy. Amenities! The million-dollar question. Websites are masters of hyperbole, remember? "Luxurious this," "state-of-the-art that..." My *guess*, based on the "studio" thing and avoiding the super-expensive side of things, is you'll get the basics. Air conditioning? Praying for it! Wi-fi? Crossing my fingers. Hot water? A LUXURY, possibly. I’ve been burned before. One "luxury" hotel I stayed at...the hot water was more like lukewarm disappointment. I shudder thinking about trying to wash off the day’s sweat and sand with *cold* water. Brrrrrr.
The Studios Themselves: Small? Cozy? Or Claustrophobic? (Be Honest!)
This is where I get *nervous*. "Studio" often translates to "cramped." And I'm a person who appreciates space. I'm envisioning a small, well-appointed space. Hopefully not a converted closet. The photos online are, of course, curated. Everything *always* looks bigger and brighter in promotional shots. I had this *awful* experience once in a “luxury cabin” that was realistically a glorified glorified shed. The pictures showed a roaring fireplace and all sorts of cozy vibes. In reality, the fireplace didn't work, and the roof leaked. Let's just say, I’m approaching Anahaw with a healthy dose of skepticism. I really *hope* those pictures are accurate!
Food, Glorious Food! Is There a Kitchen? Or Do I Need to Prepare for Instant Noodles and Street Vendors? (Not that There's Anything Wrong With That...)
This is crucial. A kitchenette? A mini-fridge? A microwave? *Please, Lord, a microwave!* After a long day, I **need** a quick plate of… well, something. Instant noodles are a traveler’s best friend, and frankly, the street food in the Philippines is legendary. But having a microwave would make the entire experience easier. And I'm a sucker for convenience. I’m already picturing myself wandering around – maybe not completely lost – and then grabbing a savory *siopao* fresh from the vendor. That alone would save my life. Okay, maybe not *save* my life, but you get the idea.
Is There a Pool? Because, Let's Face It, Pools Are Life.
Oh, the pool. This is a major *make-or-break* criteria. If there’s no pool, I’m immediately downgrading it from "dream" to "pleasant." Again, the website is vague. Possibly because they *don't* have one, or they want to "surprise" you. But, let's be real, if there’s no pool, my disappointment will be immeasurable, and my day will be ruined. I NEED a pool. Imagine the tropical sun, the cool water, the fruity cocktails... I'm starting to crave that feeling. And if there is a pool, hopefully, it's not overcrowded with screaming kids. Just, please, a decent pool. Is that too much to ask?
What's the Deal with Mosquitoes? (My Biggest Fear!)
Okay, let's get real. Mosquitoes. My ultimate nemesis. This is more of a gut question than a factual one. You're in the Philippines. Mosquitoes are going to be a thing. Are they *merciless* mosquitoes? Are they carrying all sorts of tropical nasties? Ugh. I'm packing the strongest DEET known to man. I'm also mentally preparing for the inevitable scratching. Nothing ruins a vacation faster than a mosquito bite that swells up and itches like crazy. I’m envisioning an endless supply of mosquito repellent... and maybe, just maybe, a mosquito net. Please, Anahaw, provide a mosquito net. My sanity depends on it.
What Are the Locals Like? (Are They Nice?)
This is a big one, and it goes beyond the suites themselves. The Philippines, from everything I've heard, is known for its incredibly friendly people. I always find the warmth of a place is as important as the hotel. You can have the finest marble, but if the staff is grumpy... it kills the vibe. I am *hoping* for smiles and genuine hospitality. I remember one trip where the hotel staff was SO helpful, SO welcoming, SO amazing and kind... it single-handedly made the trip unforgettable. And I'm hoping for a similar experience at Anahaw.
Is It Actually Worth It?
Ugh, the million-dollar question. Is it worth it? I'm cautiously optimistic. It depends on so many things. The price? The location? The mosquito situation? The pool situation? The Wi-Fi situation? Honestly, I'd probably need to experience it myself to *truly* say. But even if it's not perfect, a vacation *anywhere* in the Philippines soundsTrending Hotels Now

