
Croatia's Palazzo President: Uncover the Secrets of This Hidden Gem!
Palazzo President: Croatia's Hidden Gem? Let's See… (A Messy, Honest Review)
Okay, so I'm just back from a week at the Palazzo President in Croatia, and honestly? My brain is still doing the "sand stuck in a shoe" dance trying to process it all. "Hidden gem?" They say that, right? Well, let's unpack this jewel box. Or, more accurately, let's rummage in this jewel box and see what we find, because this ain't a perfectly polished marketing brochure. This is real life.
First Impressions: Arrival and… Stuff (Accessibility, Service, and Those Little Things)
Landing in Croatia, you're already buzzing with that "new adventure" energy. The Palazzo President? It's a short hop from the airport, which is already a win. Accessibility? They say they have it. I'm not in a wheelchair, but I did notice a solid elevator – good for anyone with mobility issues, or just those of us who've overdone the Croatian vino the night before. They also have facilities for disabled guests, from what I gathered, but a closer look at the specific features is a good idea - check their specific setup.
The initial check-in was… efficient. Not exactly a warm hug, but hey, they got the job done. But a bit of a snag. I arrived at 2 PM and the room wasn't ready. They offered me a drink at the bar while I waited. So far so good, until I realized that the bar's Wi-Fi had a mind of its own! A quick fix, but it was an indication of a few minor issues that popped up here and there.
Rooms: The Good, The Bad, and the Really Comfortable Bed
My room? Standard, really. Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Bless them, yes. Because let me tell you, Croatian sunshine is intense. Free Wi-Fi? (And I'd say free is the way to go for hotel guests in all rooms) The internet was surprisingly quick, though the occasional hiccup was a minor frustration. I got the same level of internet connection at my room, also a great plus. But let's be real: the bed. Oh, the bed. Extra-long, plush, and I swear, it whispered sweet nothings of sleep into my ear every night. Seriously, I almost considered checking out early just to spend more time in that bed. Forget the sightseeing, just give me that mattress! (And yes, there were plenty of pillows).
There are some nice touches: a mini-bar, a safe, clean towels, and a mirror. I do also remember there was a socket near the bed, a true blessing for a phone addict like myself. And, of course, the obligatory bathrobes and slippers (a small luxury that I appreciated). The view wasn't groundbreaking – I asked for a room with a view and there was nothing amazing about it, but the main priority here is comfort.
Dining and Drinking: A Symphony of Flavors (and the Occasional Hiccup)
Okay, let's talk food. The Palazzo President boasts several dining options, and here's where things get interesting.
- Breakfast (Buffet): A solid spread: the usual continental suspects - croissants, eggs, cereal and fruit. But if I'm honest? The coffee was forgettable, and I am a coffee snob. There was an Asian breakfast section, which was a nice touch, but I stuck to the basics. I might be just more impressed for the lack of buffet in the hotel, but it does the trick for a quick start.
- Restaurants: The main restaurant offered a decent menu, a la carte, featuring international and Western cuisine. I tried the local seafood (delicious!), and the Croatian steak (also delicious!). The atmosphere, though, felt a little…corporate. A bit of a sterile lighting and no big open space.
- Poolside Bar: Ah, now we're talking! The poolside bar was a lifesaver. Cold drinks, snacks, and a killer view of the swimming pool (which, by the way, is gorgeous and a perfect spot to relax and have a cocktail). I'm not usually a poolside bar kind of person, but I loved it. Also, I noticed that there was some kids meal available, although I didn't try it.
- Snack Bar: A convenient spot for a quick bite.
- Room Service: 24-hour room service? Sign me up! A lifesaver after those late nights exploring the town.
Ways to Relax: Spa, Sauna, and… Bliss?
This is where the Palazzo President shines, at least in theory.
- Spa: The spa services are extensive. They offer a body scrub, body wraps, and various massages.
- Sauna and Steamroom: Heaven! I spent a blissful hour detoxing in the sauna. And the steamroom was fantastic.
- Swimming Pool: Lovely, with a view, and oh-so-tempting. I spent a perfect afternoon there, just floating and staring up at the sky.
Cleanliness and Safety: Peace of Mind
In these times, safety is everything. The Palazzo seemed to take it seriously. They had hand sanitizer stations everywhere, and the staff wore masks. I noticed the "daily disinfection in common areas" mentioned, though I didn't see them doing it. I felt safe, overall.
Things to Do (Besides Lounging, Obviously!)
The Palazzo President is a good base for exploring the region.
- Concierge: Super helpful with local recommendations and booking tours.
- Car Park: Yes, it has a car park.
- Terrace: Pretty terrace for a late evening.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
- Daily Housekeeping: Essential!
- Laundry Service: Useful, but pricier than the local laundromat.
- Business Facilities: Included a projector/LED display, facilities for disabled guests, and meetings in the hotel premises.
My Takeaway: Is It a Hidden Gem? Maybe… With a Few Caveats
So, is the Palazzo President a "hidden gem"? I'd say it’s a solid, comfortable hotel with some serious high points. It's not perfect, and there were some minor issues, like the patchy Wi-Fi and the somewhat impersonal service, but the positives far outweighed the negatives. That bed alone almost makes it worth it.
For whom is it ideal? If you are looking for a comfortable, well-equipped base for exploring Croatia, with spa facilities, a good pool, and a decent dining options? The Palazzo President might be perfect. If you're after a super-authentic, quirky experience, with lots of local charm, then perhaps you might like a smaller bed and breakfast.
My Rating: 7.5/10 (Would definitely go back, especially for that bed!)
Here's My Offer for Croatia's Palazzo President: Uncover the Secrets of This Hidden Gem!
Tired of the Same Old Vacations? Crave Relaxation?
Escape to the stunning Croatian coast and experience the Palazzo President – a hotel that offers the perfect blend of comfort, rejuvenation, and adventure.
Book Your Getaway Today and Enjoy:
- Luxury Accommodation: Unwind in spacious, well-appointed rooms with blackout curtains and that amazing bed you'll never want to leave!
- Ultimate Relaxation: Indulge in our world-class spa with a variety of treatments, or simply soak up the sun by the pristine swimming pool, and enjoy the sauna after a long day of fun.
- Culinary Delights: Savor delicious meals at our diverse restaurants, from fresh seafood to international cuisine, or sip cocktails at the pool bar as you enjoy the view.
- Convenience and Comfort: Benefit from easy access, free Wi-Fi, and a range of convenient services to make your stay effortless.
- Safety and Peace of Mind: Book with confidence, knowing that the Palazzo President prioritizes your well-being with enhanced hygiene protocols, dedicated staff training, and safety precautions.
Special Offer:
Book your stay now and receive a 10% discount on all spa treatments and drinks at the pool bar. Plus, enjoy a complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival!
Don't Miss Out!
Experience the beauty and tranquility of Croatia and book your unforgettable escape at the Palazzo President today! Visit our website or call us to make your reservation.
Thailand's Hidden Gem: Uncover the Secrets of BaanPakKhunya (Yellow House)!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to get real about my "dream" trip to Palazzo President in Croatia. Dream? More like "Pray-for-my-sanity-and-wallet" trip, but okay, let's call it a dream. Here's the glorious, chaotic, and probably-slightly-unrealistic itinerary, complete with my hot takes and emotional breakdowns:
Day 1: Arrival and the Great Suitcase Debacle
- Morning: Arrive at Split Airport (SPU) - assuming, pray tell, the EasyJet flight hasn't been delayed again. (My anxiety levels are already a solid 7/10.) The moment I land, it's a mad dash for baggage claim. Do I even need that sparkly top? Probably not, but I'm emotionally attached.
- Mid-Morning: Okay, so… baggage claim was a disaster. Picture this: a sea of stressed-out tourists, suitcases rolling in like tumbleweeds, and me, frantically searching for my bright pink monstrosity. Found it! Phew. Now, the transfer – the one I painstakingly booked online at 3 AM after one too many glasses of wine. Hopefully they actually show up.
- Afternoon: Arrival at Palazzo President! I’m expecting gleaming marble, a welcome cocktail, and a butler named Jeeves. Reality: a slightly-less-gleaming lobby, a less-than-enthusiastic receptionist (Jeeves, where are you?), and a room that, while lovely, isn't quite the palatial suite I envisioned (did I accidentally book the broom closet?). But hey, free Wi-Fi! Score!
- Late Afternoon: Unpack. Or attempt to. My suitcase explodes like a clown car. Clothes everywhere. Okay, deep breaths. I am not going to let a rogue sock ruin my vacation. This could get messy, I can already feel it.
- Evening: Drinks and a light snack at the hotel bar. Observe the other guests. Ooh, power couples, loud families, and me, sitting alone, already questioning all my life choices. Order a cocktail that supposedly tastes like sunshine. It tastes like…alcohol. Which is fine. Maybe even good. Definitely good.
Day 2: Dubronik, the city of a thousand dreams, or the city of a thousand tourists
- Morning: Dubrovnik Day! The highlight of the trip, or so everyone says. Wake up early – too early – because the prospect of missing anything terrifies me. Take a bus to Dubrovnik, the transfer starts out right, beautiful views of the Adriatic coast!
- Late Morning: Dubrovnik’s old town is fantastic. Take a stroll through the wall and take pictures of the gorgeous sights! The walls are beautiful!
- Lunch: Ah, the food. I'm currently on a mission to eat all the seafood in Croatia. I'm currently waiting an hour to get in a table, but it will worth the wait.
- Afternoon: After lunch, I took another stroll to take photos of a new viewpoint to enhance my memory further. The city is great.
- Late Afternoon/Evening: Back to Palazzo President. I'm really tired and want to go to bed!
Day 3: Beach Day and Existential Dread
- Morning: Beach day! Finally, some R&R. Walk to the beach that's supposed to be nearby. It's not. Google Maps misled me AGAIN. This is a sign of the apocalypse!
- Late Morning: Arrive at the beach, covered in sweat, already regretting my life choices. The water is stunning though. Find a spot, set up the towels, and immediately get splashed with water by some kids. Apparently, I'm not allowed to relax.
- Afternoon: Sunbathing! Reading! (Attempting to read) The sun feels lovely on my skin. The water is warm. For a moment I experience peace. Then I realize I forgot sunscreen on my back.
- Late Afternoon: Back to the hotel to shower and prepare for tonight’s dinner.
Day 4: Deep Dive into Food (and a Potential Meltdown)
- Morning: Cooking class! Yes, I, the person who can barely boil an egg, signed up for a Croatian cooking class. Wish me luck. I'm already picturing myself setting the kitchen on fire.
- Lunch: The cooking class… was something. Actually, it was amazing! We made… a lot of food. Eating it was even better!
- Afternoon: Explore the area.
- Evening: Dinner at a fancy restaurant in the hotel. I'm wearing the dress i packed (finally). Food tastes great. Everything looks great. Waiter is charming. I order more wine because why not. This trip has been amazing.
- Late Night: More wine. Back to the room, playing soft music, wondering the beauty of the trip.
Day 5: Departure and the Post-Vacation Blues
- Morning: Pack again. This time, I'm slightly more organized. (Okay, mostly.) A final breakfast at the hotel, trying to savor every last bite. Gosh, it went by so fast.
- Mid-Morning: Check out. The hotel is great. I didn't hate it.
- Afternoon: Airport. Hopefully the EasyJet gods are on my side this time. I buy way too many souvenirs.
- Evening: On the plane. Already missing the sun and the sea. Post-vacation blues hitting hard.
- Late Night: Land back home, exhausted but happy. Start planning the next trip… before I've even finished unpacking.
And there you have it – my attempt at a dream vacation. It will probably be a mess, but that's the fun of it, right? And if all else fails, there's always more wine. Cheers to adventures, mishaps, and the glorious chaos of travel! Wish me luck, I'm going in!
Escape to Paradise: Hotel Erbaluce, Italy - Your Dream Vacation Awaits!
Palazzo President: You Think You Know Croatia? Think Again! (And Maybe Pack Some Comfy Shoes...)
So, why the heck should I even *bother* with the Palazzo President? Sounds, you know, stuffy.
Alright, alright, I get it. "Palazzo President" screams *rich and boring*. But lemme tell you, this place is a glorious, delicious contradiction! Think: old-world charm meets "I woke up like this" comfort. Yes, it’s luxurious. Yes, it's got that imposing exterior that makes you feel like you *should* be wearing a monocle. But it also feels…real. Not the plastic, pre-packaged luxury you get at some resorts. This place has soul. More importantly, the staff is *fantastic*. One time, I accidentally ordered some weird Croatian stew that tasted like muddy socks, and the waiter, bless his heart, gently steered me towards another dish. He even winked! I swear, that wink saved my culinary reputation for the rest of the trip. And look, I'm no expert, but anything that winks at you instead of judging you is a win in my book.
Location, location, location! Where is this supposed hidden gem hiding? Is it a pain to get to?
Oh, the location! Imagine this: you step outside, and BAM, you’re practically *in* the Adriatic. I mean, I could practically smell the salt air from my balcony. (And let me tell you, that scent is a LOT better than the "stew" incident mentioned before.) It's along the Dalmatian Coast – think gorgeous beaches, historical cities, and enough seafood to make your stomach happy for a week. Getting there… okay, here's the honest bit. Depending on where you're flying *from*, it could involve a connecting flight or two. My trip there last year started out with a delayed flight. The horror! But once you get to the city, it's (usually) smooth sailing. The drive from the airport is gorgeous, especially with the winding roads that lead to the hotel. Those are the roads where I started to feel like I was on an adventure! But, let's be real, a little travel won't hurt, right? The reward is totally worth it.
Alright, so what are the rooms actually *like*? Are we talking stuffy antiques or a modern, actually-comfortable experience?
Antiques? Yes. Stuffy? Nope. Modern? Surprisingly, yes! The rooms are… well, imagine a really, *really* well-appointed great-grandma's house. You've got your classic, elegant furniture, maybe a chandelier (a real one!), and details that scream 'quality'. But you won't be afraid to touch things. I found the beds genuinely comfy. And the best part? The view! I am a sucker for ocean views, if you can't tell. I spent hours on my balcony with a book and a glass of local wine, just soaking it all in. My only minor complaint? The Wi-Fi was a *little* spotty in my room. Okay, maybe more than a little. I’ll admit, I did throw a tiny tantrum when my Instagram feed wouldn't load during a particularly photogenic sunset. But still. The view. The wine. Worth. It.
Spa? Pool? Beach access? What am I *really* paying for here?
Okay, let's break this down. Spa: Yes. Indulgent, relaxing, and completely worth it after a day of exploring. Pool: Also yes, and the pool itself is quite lovely. Chilling by the pool with a cocktail in hand is a must-do. Beach access…yes, but let's be honest, it's not like you just *fall* onto a sandy beach. There are steps! (More on those later. Trust me.) You're pretty close to some beautiful little coves. The water is crystal clear. Absolutely perfect for swimming. What you're *really* paying for? The whole package. The impeccable service, the feeling of being pampered, the sheer beauty of the surroundings. And, you know, the chance to forget about the real world and just...breathe.
Food, glorious food! Is the dining at the Palazzo President as good as everyone claims?
Oh, the food. Where do I even begin?! I'm usually a pretty simple eater. I prefer things to be… well, edible. But the meals at the hotel were just… *chef's kiss*. Seriously. I tried the local specialties, seafood, etc. I loved it all. The breakfast buffet was a thing of pure joy. Croissants that melted in your mouth. Fresh fruit that tasted like sunshine. Enough options to feed a small army (and believe me, I probably ate my weight in pastries). Plus, the setting is stunning. You're often dining with a view, which always makes food taste better, doesn't it? The presentation? Impeccable. The service? Always friendly, always attentive. I’m starting to think I’d go back just for the food, the experience was heavenly and every single detail and dish was memorable. My only regret? That I didn’t try *everything* on the menu. Next time, definitely.
Activities! What is there to *do* beyond relaxing (tempting as that is)?
Okay, okay, I know. Lying by the pool and staring at the ocean is seriously tempting. But...Croatia is also amazing! The hotel itself offers some activities, like cooking classes (I tried one...and let's just say I'm not quite ready for my own TV show yet). Tours with the hotel are easy to book and can open up the history, the culture, the nature. The hotel staff are also great about arranging trips to nearby islands, boat excursions (do this!!), hiking, and historical sightseeing. Nearby, you have the historical cities that are just gorgeous. Seriously, you could spend weeks exploring. I loved wandering through the old towns, getting lost in the narrow streets, and soaking up the atmosphere. I found a tiny cafĂ© where they made, like, the best coffee I’ve ever had. I miss it. I *really* miss it.
Okay, you've convinced me. But are there any *downsides* I should know about before booking? Dish the dirt!
Alright, let’s get real. No place is perfect. And while I adore the Palazzo President, there are a few things to consider. First, as I said, those stairs. Lots of them. If you have mobility issues, this might not be the place for you. Secondly, it can be *pricey*. It's definitely a splurge. That said, I found the value for the experience more than justified the cost. I spent a considerable amount of time comparing prices for the trip. Lastly, there's a slight lack of true cultural immersion. Depending on the kind of trip you want. You're pampered, and everything caters for your comfort - if that is not exactly what you want, this is the place to go. I got the chance to unwind, which I would highly recommend!
Any final words of wisdom for someone considering a trip to the Palazzo President?

