
Knightsbrook: Ireland's BEST Golf Resort? (You Won't Believe This!)
Knightsbrook: Is This Ireland's BEST? (Spoiler: Maybe…And You Won't Believe the Sauna!)
Okay, folks, buckle up. I've just returned from a stay at Knightsbrook, and honestly, I'm still processing it. The title… Knightsbrook: Ireland's BEST Golf Resort? (You Won't Believe This!)… yeah, that's a big claim. Let's just say, after wringing my hands over the endless list of amenities and trying to unpack my emotional baggage from the whole thing, I think I've got a handle on what makes this place tick. And let me tell you, it's not what you expect.
First Impression: Getting There (And My Terrible Sense of Direction)
Accessibility? Check. Knightsbrook is relatively easy to find (despite my inherent GPS-challenged tendencies). Plenty of parking, too (including, thankfully, free car parking and the option for valet - perfect if you're feeling fancy or, like me, just plain knackered). The airport transfer is great, but I opted for the scenic route, which involved a lot of staring at sheep and questioning my life choices.
Rooms: Comfort and a Touch of the Unexpected
Right, the rooms. They're… well, they're decent. Comfortable beds, a decent amount of space, and the usual suspects like a coffee/tea maker, a mini bar (tempting!), and a safe box. The free Wi-Fi in all rooms is a lifesaver (thank God for internet access!), and the internet access – LAN is a nice touch, although I’m not sure who still uses that. The air conditioning worked a treat, which was a godsend during that unusual heatwave we had.
But here's where things get interesting. There’s a real attention to detail. Blackout curtains? Check. Bathrobes? Check. Slippers? Check. But there’s something else too. They seem to have thought about everything. I actually got a bit teary when I saw the alarm clock! The window that opens! You know, those little touches. My room was quite large, with ample space and seating area. The bathroom, with its separate shower/bathtub, was also comfortable. I even got an extra long bed, which was a true blessing as I always end up fighting for space! And, yes there's an additional toilet!
A Quick Grumble: Minor Imperfections, Life's Mishaps
Okay, confession time: the décor is a tad… safe. Don’t get me wrong, everything is clean, and the daily housekeeping kept things spotless. But if you're expecting cutting-edge design, you might be disappointed. Also, while there's a "proposal spot" (how romantic!), I'm a single pringle, so that felt a bit taunting. I also struggled to work the TV remote for way longer than I’ll admit.
Dining: A Foodie's Adventure (Mostly)
Alright, let's talk food. This is where Knightsbrook truly shines, and where I had the most interesting experience. There are restaurants, a bar, a coffee shop, a snack bar, and even a poolside bar. Plus, the room service is available 24 hours. The breakfast buffet was a classic, with a wide selection and a great, and Asian breakfast option! Not that I am used to Asian food, but I tried it, and it was a good experience! The a la carte menu in the restaurant was also great; I got my favourite salad, which was delicious. The options are really impressive: vegetarian restaurant, international cuisine, western cuisine, you name it, they probably have it.
Now, the real highlight. You know how I said there were restaurants and a bar? Well I somehow made a connection with the staff. It was so comfortable and friendly, I felt like I was visiting old friends! This is where the experience of the hotel really kicks-in, and it is what makes me want to come back again.
Ways to Relax: The Spa - My Spiritual Awakening (Almost)
Okay, the spa. This is where I lost all sense of time and decorum. The spa/sauna area is, again, a bit of a journey. But oh, the sauna. I could wax lyrical about the sauna for ages. The sauna is just absolutely divine. The steamroom, too. The whole spa area is just… heavenly. The pool with a view? Stunning. I didn’t even need to go out of the hotel to discover new places! You can get a massage, a body wrap, or a body scrub. It's like a spa, but like, a proper spa. I had a foot bath, which, while initially sounding a bit… weird, was actually ridiculously relaxing. I swear, I nearly achieved enlightenment in that sauna. Just… fantastic.
The Golf (I'm Not a Golfer, Sadly):
I'm not a golfer. But even I could see the golf course was immaculate. The greens were pristine, apparently. There were people of all stages playing, from professionals to newbies. It really seemed like a big deal.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Secure (in a Post-Apocalyptic World)
Alright, in today's world, safety is paramount. And Knightsbrook absolutely nails it. There’s professional-grade sanitizing services, daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer everywhere, and staff trained to the nth degree in safety protocols. Room sanitization opt-out is available, and the staff is always wearing masks. The level of hygiene certification is a blessing too! There are security features, smoke alarms, fire extinguinshers and security guards. It created an overall sense of safety that was extremely comforting. The safe dining setup was also impressive. Everything felt safe, secure, and spotless.
Staff: The Human Heart of Knightsbrook
Honestly? The staff are the best part of Knightsbrook. From the doorman to the front desk, everyone was friendly, helpful, and genuinely seemed to care about your experience. They are highly trained, professional, and very well-mannered.
For the Kids (And the Big Kids Too!):
I’m a grown up, but even I was impressed with the kids' facilities. The kids facilities are amazing. Babysitting services, kids meals, everything you can imagine. Family/child friendly? Absolutely!
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Make a Difference
Knightsbrook has thought of everything. They've got a convenience store, a currency exchange, a laundry service, dry cleaning, and even a cash withdrawal facility. Contactless check-in/out? Yep. Elevator? Of course. Meeting/banquet facilities? They're all there. There is an on-site event hosting, indoor and outdoor venue for special events. A terrace. They’ve ticked every box.
Getting Around:
There's car park (free of charge), and you can take a taxi service.
The Big Question: Is Knightsbrook Ireland’s BEST?
So, is Knightsbrook Ireland's BEST golf resort? Here’s my unvarnished opinion: It's not perfect. It’s not flashy. It’s certainly not the cheapest option. But it's incredibly well-rounded. It has everything you could want, and more. The attention to detail, the staff, the sheer relaxation factor of that spa… it's a genuinely wonderful place.
My Verdict: A resounding YES, with a few caveats!
I'd absolutely recommend Knightsbrook. And, yes, considering its accessibility, facilities, and overall experience, I’d place Knightsbrook VERY high on a list of amazing experiences. But more than that, Knightsbrook is like finding a perfectly formed pebble on a beach. It's those little imperfections that make it so special.
Are you ready to fall in love with Ireland again?
Here’s what I’m offering you:
Exclusive Knightsbrook Getaway Package!
- Luxury Two Night Stay: Experience the comfort of our well-appointed rooms.
- Complimentary Spa Access: Relax in our spa, which includes a pool with a view, sauna, and steamroom.
- Gourmet Breakfast: Start your day with our delicious buffet.
- Welcome Drink: Enjoy a cocktail at our bar.
- 10% Discount on Golf Green Fees: Play a round on our award-winning golf course.
- Book now because this limited-time offer won’t last!
Don’t miss out – book your unforgettable Irish escape now!
[Link to Knightsbrook website]
Josh's Garage 2.0: Lost World of Tambun Paradise (6-10 Pax Malaysia)
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your airbrushed travel brochure itinerary. This is real life, Knightsbrook Hotel & Golf Resort style, and frankly, I'm already picturing myself sprawled on a ridiculously comfy bed, moaning with contentment.
Knightsbrook: My Attempt at Controlled Chaos (And Failing Gloriously)
Day 1: Arriving with a Bang (and a Bad Hair Day)
- 1:00 PM: Arrive in Ireland. Oh, hello, Dublin Airport! After a flight that felt like a never-ending episode of "Is My Luggage Actually There?", I'm finally on Irish soil. The bag? Well, fingers crossed. The hair? Don't ask. Let's just say I'm channelling "windswept chic," which really translates to "looked like I wrestled a horde of sheep."
- 2:30 PM: Pick up the rental car. Okay, I'm not gonna lie. Driving on the left side of the road is a terrifying prospect. I spent the first half-hour doing the "Irish shuffle," which involves veering wildly across lanes while muttering panicked prayers. Finally got the hang of it, mostly… hopefully I didn’t kill anyone on the way to Knightsbrook.
- 4:00 PM: Check-in at Knightsbrook. The lobby is gorgeous! All plush velvet and shimmering chandeliers. Immediately felt like I needed a stiff drink. They've got a spa! Oh, the spa…it's calling my name. I picture myself floating in some kind of seaweed cocoon, blissfully unaware of the world's problems…until I remember the mountain of laundry I haven't done at home.
- 5:00 PM: Explore. The grounds are stunning, all rolling hills and manicured lawns. The golf course looks intimidating, but I'm tempted to give it a crack. Maybe after a few more… ahem… refreshments.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner at the Terrace Restaurant. Ordered the fish. Was delicious! The service, however, was a bit…slow. I spent a good twenty minutes staring wistfully at the bread basket, which felt like pure torture. But hey, the wine was flowing!
Day 2: Golfing, Groaning, and Slightly Regrettable Decisions
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. The buffet! A glorious spread of everything from crispy bacon to black pudding (which I, bravely, decided to try). It's good, but I’m not sure I’ll ever be a black pudding person.
- 11:00 AM: Golf! Okay, this is where things got…interesting. I’d like to say I gracefully navigated the greens, wielding a club with the finesse of a seasoned pro. Reality? I spent most of the time chasing my ball through the rough, dodging errant divots, and muttering profanities under my breath. The one decent shot I had? Flew straight into a pond. The guy I was with just laughed at me. He hasn't laughed at me yet.
- 1:00 PM: Lunch at the Golf Club. Needed to refuel after my golfing "performance." Ordered a burger and a pint. Comfort food is essential after a near-death experience with a golf ball.
- 3:00 PM: Spa Time! Ahhhhh, the moment of truth. The massage was divine. Pure, unadulterated bliss. I may have drifted off a few times, but the masseuse was a saint. This is the only thing I have zero regrets for.
- 6:00 PM: Another dinner. This time at the bar. I wanted something casual. The pub atmosphere was lively, and the food was hearty. Maybe I ordered one too many pints of Guinness? Just a hunch.
- 8:00 PM: Nightcap and a stroll around the grounds. The air was crisp and cool, the stars were unbelievably bright. Felt like a movie scene. Then I tripped on a rogue cobblestone and nearly face-planted. Still, beauty in chaos, I guess.
Day 3: Relaxation, Recovery, and the Quest for the Perfect Scone (and Leaving)
- 9:00 AM: Breakfast. More of the buffet. I'm starting to feel like I eat for a living.
- 10:00 AM: Pool Time. Actually got to relax here. The water was warm, the sun was shining, and I managed to read a whole chapter of my book without falling asleep. (Success!)
- 12:00 PM: Lunch at the hotel restaurant. I don’t even remember what I ate.
- 2:00 PM: Head to the shop and try to find some gifts for my family.
- 4:00 PM: Packing up the car (again). Goodbye, Knightsbrook! Farewell, rolling hills! See ya later, terrifying driving conditions!
- 6:00 PM: Boarding my flight home. Overall the trip was amazing. Would definitely come back to Knightsbrook again.
Post-Trip Rambling (Because I Can't Help Myself)
So, was it perfect? Absolutely not. Was it an adventure? You bet your bottom dollar it was. Knightsbrook is beautiful, and I’d definitely go back. The people were lovely, the food was mostly delicious, and the spa was heaven on earth. My golf game? Still needs work. My driving skills? Let's just say I made it back in one piece. And that, my friends, is a win. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to find a solid nap, and maybe a second helping of those Irish scones. Slán go fóill! (Goodbye for now!)
Birmingham's BEST Hotel? Pelham's Hidden Gem! (Holiday Inn Express Review)
Knightsbrook: Ireland's BEST Golf Resort? (You Won't Believe This!) - A Messy FAQ
Okay, Okay... Is Knightsbrook REALLY as AMAZING as everyone says?
Alright, buckle up buttercup, because "amazing" is a subjective beast. Yeah, Knightsbrook's got a reputation that precedes it. And listen, I went in with a skeptical eyebrow raised HIGH. Seriously high. I figured it was all hype, marketing fluff, and… well, you know, the usual.
So, is it amazing? **Honestly, parts of it are. Holy smokes, parts of it *are*!** But, and this is a BIG BUT (ahem), it's not perfect. More on that in a bit…
Think of it like this: Imagine a really spectacular chocolate cake. The kind with the gooey center, the perfect ganache, and a sprinkle of something fancy on top. Knightsbrook? It's that cake. But the baker, bless their heart, sometimes forgets to level the top properly. And maybe, just maybe, they used a slightly… *off* ingredient in one of the layers.
The Golf. Tell me about the GOLF. It's the whole point, right?
RIGHT. The golf. Look, I'm no pro. I'm a hacker, a duffer, someone who spends *more* time looking for my ball than actually hitting it. But even *I* could appreciate the Knightsbrook course. It's beautiful. Properly beautiful. The kind of beauty that makes you want to take a picture even if you're about to shank your next shot into the woods.
The layout? Clever. Challenging, without being absolutely soul-crushing. (Except maybe the 16th. I HATE the 16th. Lost three balls there. Three! I'm still bitter.) The greens are fast, which is lovely if you're good, and terrifying if you're… well, me.
One thing: Carts... they're a LIFE SAVER. The course is kind of hilly, and after 18 holes, even my flabby bits were feeling it. The cart was a godsend. Seriously, don't underestimate the cart.
One small gripe though. One time, a slow group in front of us. And I mean SLOW. We spent what felt like an eternity on the 12th, watching them meticulously line up every single putt. It's Golf, people! Have some fun! And, yeah, patience isn't my strong suit.
What about the Hotel itself? The rooms? The Spa? The Food? Spill the tea!
Okay, let's break this down. The *hotel* is… grand. Like, *really* grand. Marble, chandeliers (some of which I swear they were still cleaning dust from), and an impressive reception area. Felt a bit like I was staying in a posh castle, which is nice. The rooms? Generally good. Spacious, comfortable, and clean. I had a view of the course, which was lovely… when I wasn’t busy trying to figure out *where* I'd shanked my ball to.
The *spa*... Ah, the spa. I'm a sucker for a good spa. And Knightsbrook's delivers. The pool is lovely, the treatments are… well, let's just say I fell asleep during my massage. Which, for me, is the ultimate compliment. Totally relaxed. Totally zoned out. It was bliss. (Though I did feel slightly guilty about snoring.)
Now, the *food*. This is where it gets a little… messy. The breakfast was decent, standard hotel fare. The evening meals at the main restaurant... the first time I ate, it were fantastic. The risotto was INSANE. But the second night... and the third? It somehow was not quite as good. It felt a bit, dare I say, *mass-produced*? Maybe I just caught them on an off week? I’d still go back, though. The drinks were excellent, no complaints there!
Any deal-breakers? Anything that completely ruined your stay?
No, nothing *completely* ruined it. But, I did run into a few tiny things that, well, *slightly* tarnished the experience. It's the little things, right?
Firstly, and this is a silly one, the *wifi*. Intermittent. Spotty. Sometimes, it was there, other times… gone. Like a fleeting dream. I know, first world problems, but when you're trying to post your glorious golf scores (or, you know, pretend to work), it's annoying.
Secondly, the service. It was generally fine. But sometimes, it was a bit… uneven. Some of the staff were *amazing*, going above and beyond. Others… well, they seemed a little less enthusiastic. A few smiles wouldn't hurt, folks! But it was not a huge downside, it was just noticeable.
And the *one* thing I truly disliked? Well, I guess I can reveal it... We booked thinking it was a very quiet weekend, but the place was packed with a giant wedding. While amazing for the wedding party, all the noise really affected our rest, and the bar was nearly impossible to get into. I did not appreciate that too much!
Would you go back to Knightsbrook? Be honest!
Yes. Absolutely, YES. Despite the minor flaws, the good stuff outweighs the bad. The golf is excellent. The spa is heavenly. The hotel is comfortable (for most of it at least!). And let's be honest, a bit of luxury and a good time is always worth it!
I'd just go in with realistic expectations. It's not perfection, my friends. It's a fantastic experience with a few tiny imperfections, some of which will probably be different for you. Go, enjoy yourselves, and try not to lose too many golf balls on the 16th!
Any insider tips or tricks for getting the most out of your Knightsbrook experience?
Okay, listen up! A few little secrets I learned along the way:
1. **Book a spa treatment EARLY.** Seriously. They fill up fast. Don't be like me, scrambling for a last-minute appointment.
2. **Pack your own snacks!** Because, sometimes, you just need a bag of crisps and a chocolate bar. Especially if you're me.
3. **Ask for a room away from the elevators.** Trust me. Less noise. More peace. Essential for a relaxing time.
4. **If you're playing golf, take a lesson beforehand.** Don't be like me. Save yourself the embarrassment (and the lost golf balls).

