
Abilene's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review! (You WON'T Believe This)
Abilene's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review! (You WON'T Believe This - Seriously!)
Alright, alright, settle down folks! I'm back from my Abilene adventure and ready to spill the beans on the Holy Grail, the Shangri-La, the… okay, the Holiday Inn Express in Abilene, Texas. Honestly, I went in with low expectations. Abilene, you know? But wow. Just… wow. This place? It's got some serious game. Let's dive in, shall we? Prepare for a wild ride, because this isn’t your average dry hotel review.
Accessibility & Comfort: The Actually Accessible Hotel
First off, let’s talk about accessibility. Because, frankly, it's a HUGE deal for me. I'm not going to lie, sometimes I'm just plain beat when I check in, and this place? Ace! The wheelchair accessibility was on point, from the ramps to the hallways. The Elevator? Smooth as butter. And the rooms? Spacious! Forget those cramped prison cells some hotels call "accessible." This was a genuine effort, and for that, they get major props. The facilities for disabled guests are actually useful – not just a checklist item. Seriously, big thumbs up.
And here's a pro-tip: they've got Exterior corridor so you don't have to navigate a huge labyrinth to get to your room. Big ups for easy access, especially after a long drive!
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Clean Enough to Eat Off the Floor (Almost!)
Okay, I'm a bit of a germaphobe. Judge me. I'm not ashamed. And with everything going on in the world, this is a HUGE deal. I'm happy to report that the Holiday Inn Express in Abilene is doing things RIGHT. They clearly take cleanliness seriously. Lots of anti-viral cleaning products being used and daily disinfection in common areas. I'm talking serious sanitizing, people. The rooms sanitized between stays, and they even offer a room sanitization opt-out. I mean, they are literally begging you to trust them.
They've got hand sanitizer all over the place, and the staff are clearly trained in safety protocol. I had zero concerns about feeling safe and protected. They also have CCTV in common areas which provides a sense of security, as well as CCTV outside the property to keep an eye on things. First aid kit and fire extinguisher? Check and check. This stuff actually matters, people.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Breakfast Bliss (and Maybe a Little Bar Action?)
Now, let’s talk about the most important meal of the day: breakfast! The Breakfast [buffet] was honestly pretty decent. They had the usual suspects: scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles (my weakness!), and a pretty stellar selection of pastries. The coffee/tea in restaurant was always hot and fresh. The Breakfast takeaway service was also super convenient for those rushed mornings, when you just need somethng to go. But the big winner? They had Individual-wrapped food options, which is a huge win for pandemic paranoia!
There's also a bar! After a long day of, well, whatever you do in Abilene, a cold beer is always appreciated. The fact that they have a poolside bar is excellent, if you are looking for a chilled vibe.
Regarding specific dining, I can happily report that there are Restaurants that are on site and the A la carte restaurant is a great option. More importantly, you can rely on room service [24-hour]. This is truly a lifesaver.
Internet Access: Free Wi-Fi, Praise Be!
Okay, I’m a digital nomad. I work online. Wi-Fi is LIFE. And the Holiday Inn Express delivered. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!. Glorious. Consistent, fast, and dependable. They've got Internet access - wireless, Internet access – LAN and some Internet services to boot. I could actually get work done. Score!
Relaxation & Recreation: This Place Actually Has Stuff to Do?
Okay, I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting much fun in Abilene. But the Holiday Inn Express surprised me. There's a Swimming pool [outdoor]. It wasn't a swanky, Instagram-worthy pool with cascading waterfalls, but it was clean, refreshing, and exactly what I needed after a long day of driving. There's also a Fitness center and a Gym/fitness area. Okay, I didn't get around to using it (blame those waffles!), but it was there. And if you're feeling fancy, they have a spa/sauna. I was tempted. Very tempted.
Services & Conveniences: Making Life Easy-Peasy
This is where the Holiday Inn Express really shines. They’ve thought of EVERYTHING. Daily housekeeping, which is a must. Concierge service? Got it. A convenience store for those late-night snack cravings? Yup. A laundry service? Hallelujah! Cash withdrawal? Yep. I love a hotel that makes life painless.
They also have a doorman for a smooth arrival and entry, as well as facilities for disabled guests.
The Room: My Cozy Abilene Sanctuary
My room was a comfortable haven. The non-smoking room was a relief. The bed was comfy, the blackout curtains blocked out the sun (perfect for sleeping in!), and the air conditioning kept things nice and cool. Free bottled water? Always a win. In-room safe box? Great for peace of mind. Coffee/tea maker? Essential. Now, I didn't exactly spend my trip in the room, but the little things make a big difference.
I especially appreciated the desk area for working. The internet access – wireless was super reliable.
For the Kids: Family-Friendly Fun!
I didn't have any kids with me, but I noticed the family/child friendly aspect of the Holiday Inn Express. They even have Babysitting service available, as well as kids facilities to keep the littles entertained.
Getting Around: Smooth Sailing
They offer a car park [free of charge], which is a godsend in a city like Abilene. Taxi service is readily available, too. No problems with the transport.
My (Slightly Rambling) Conclusion
Look, the Holiday Inn Express in Abilene isn't perfect. The decor isn't exactly cutting-edge. It's not the Ritz-Carlton. But it IS a genuinely good hotel. It’s clean, the staff are friendly, the internet is reliable, and it's got all the amenities you could want. The Accessibility is also a massive win. The biggest surprise? I actually enjoyed my stay. I was expecting a bland, forgettable experience, and instead, I got a comfortable, convenient, and yes, even pleasant stay.
The Imperfections? This Is Where It Gets Real
Okay, now for the honesty part: The breakfast buffet, while good, was a little… repetitive after a few days. And one time, the coffee machine in the room sputtered and died. (Rant alert: I need my coffee! It was a crisis, people!) The elevators sometimes seemed a tad slow. And, while I didn't use them, the spa facilities were not quite as extensive as the website promised (but hey, I'm spoiled!). But honestly, these are minor quibbles.
The Unexpected Win: That Time I Almost Got a Massage
I'm going to be honest, I was having a tough few weeks. Running down, stressed, and in serious need of a pampering session. I saw the spa menu and thought, "Well, why not?" I even almost went for a massage. Alas, my schedule got in the way but I was very close to getting a body wrap or even a body scrub.
Overall: Book It! (Seriously, Do It!)
If you're heading to Abilene, and you want a comfortable, convenient, and stress-free stay, the Holiday Inn Express is the place to be. It's a solid choice, and I'd happily stay there again.
My Final Verdict: 4.5 out of 5 Stars!
The Offer You Can't Refuse:
Book Your Abilene Getaway NOW and Get 15% Off and a Free Upgrade!
Don't delay! Use code "ABILENEADVENTURE" when you book your stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Abilene and receive:
- 15% OFF your entire stay!
- A FREE room upgrade (based on availability) - you could be enjoying a bigger bed, better view!
- Free, fast, and reliable Wi-Fi to keep you connected.
- Delicious breakfast included to kickstart your day and fuel your adventures.
- Peace of mind knowing you're staying in a safe, clean, and accessible environment.
**This offer
Shanghai's BEST Hotel Near Tongji University? (City Comfort Inn Secret!)
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into… checks scribbled notes… ABILENE, TEXAS! And specifically, the sweet, sweet embrace of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Abilene by IHG. This isn't your perfectly curated Instagram feed, folks. This is the REAL DEAL. Brace yourselves.
Day 1: Arrival and Existential Dread (and Pizza)
- 1:00 PM: Touchdown in Abilene. Or, more accurately, wobble out of the rental car after a four-hour drive filled with questionable gas station coffee and my own inner monologue questioning everything. Seriously, why am I here? What is the meaning of life? Will I ever find a good pair of jeans? These are the real questions.
- 1:30 PM: Check-in. The front desk guy – bless his heart, he looked tired – gave me the warmest welcome. Though, it took me a solid two minutes to remember my own last name. I think I mumbled something about "the usual," which, according to the look in his eyes, meant "the usual level of bewildered traveler."
- 2:00 PM: Into the room. It’s… clean. Bed looks comfy. Carpet? Well, let's just say it's seen things. Things I'd rather not dwell on. But hey, a clean bed is a happy bed. (Side note: I always check for bed bugs. Always. I've seen things, people. TERRIBLE things).
- 2:30 PM: The internal battle rages. Do I unpack? Do I nap? Do I order pizza and watch mindless television? Pizza wins. Always. And a giant cheesy, greasy, perfect slice of pizza.
- Anecdote: The pizza place (whose name I now forget, because, pizza) was a little hole-in-the-wall, and the guy behind the counter looked like he regretted every single life decision he'd ever made. But the pizza? Divine. Truly divine. It’s those little unexpected gems that keep you going, you know?
- 3:30 PM: Nap. A glorious, pizza-induced coma.
- 6:00 PM: Wake up, disoriented. Think about actually doing something productive. Abandon that thought.
- 7:00 PM: Wander… where? To the hotel pool? Nah. Room service? Nope. Just… wander. I spent a good hour just pacing the halls. The hotel has this weird, slightly stale air. It's not bad, necessarily, but it's definitely hotel-y.
- 8:00 PM: Back to the room. Channel-surfing. TV is awful. Netflix and regret.
- 9:00 PM: Existential dread returns. Maybe I should have joined a cult.
- 10:00 PM: Toothbrush. Bed. Goodnight, Abilene. Or, as I've already decided, "Abilene, goodbye."
Day 2: Trying to Adult (and Failing Gloriously)
- 7:00 AM: Wake up. Ugh. The complimentary breakfast. Let’s be honest, the “complimentary breakfast” is always a gamble. The scrambled eggs probably have a shelf life longer than concrete, and the coffee? Forget about it.
- Quirky observation: The breakfast area is a battlefield of tired travelers. The quiet murmurs, the aggressive maneuvering for the last waffle, and the desperate attempts to make a decent cup of coffee. It’s like a microcosm of society, basically.
- 7:30 AM: Actually try to eat the breakfast. Choke down some questionable eggs, bravely attempt the coffee, and promptly regret it.
- 8:00 AM: Forced smile and departure for the day's "activities."
- 8:30 AM: The plan was to visit the Grace Museum. Sounded interesting enough. It was… fine. Art is art, I guess. I’m more of a “look at the pretty colors and move on” kind of person.
- Emotional reaction: Actually, I did find one painting that really resonated. It reminded me of… oh, who cares? It was pretty. I liked it. Moving on.
- 11:00 AM: More wandering. Abilene is… well, it’s Abilene. Not much to see, or I am not looking hard enough, or both.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch. Found a diner. Burgers. Fries. Milkshake. Comfort food is my religion.
- Messy structure: I am starting to feel the fatigue of the open road. The constant planning and movement. The lack of anything truly captivating about the destination. The whole "being a tourist" thing. This brings me to a question that the entire trip begs: Am I becoming the sort of person who goes on these things just to say they've gone on them?
- 1:00 PM: Back to the hotel. Nap. Again. I have become one with the bed.
- 4:00 PM: Stare out the window. Contemplate the vastness of the Texas sky. Contemplate life choices.
- 5:00 PM: Go to the hotel pool, but discover that it's filled with screaming children and the unsettling smell of chlorine and unwashed bodies. Retreat.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. Another burger. Seriously, Texas, what's with the burgers? Not that I'm complaining.
- 7:00 PM: More TV. More existential dread.
- 8:00 PM: Early night. Possibly the only thing going right on the trip.
Day 3: Departure and the Long Road Home (and a Glimmer of Hope?)
- 7:00 AM: Another cursed breakfast. Coffee is even more bitter today. I'm pretty sure they're using battery acid now.
- 8:00 AM: Pack up. Say farewell to the stained carpet and the slightly-off-putting hotel air. It's time to go.
- 8:30 AM: Check out. Still manage to smile at the front desk guy. He looks even more tired today. We share a silent moment of solidarity.
- 9:00 AM: Drive. The open road. The freedom. The… emptiness.
- 12:00 PM: Stop for lunch. Another diner. Another burger (I have to learn how to make these at home).
- 1:00 PM: Drive, drive, drive.
- 3:00 PM: Actually see something interesting outside the car. A roadside attraction? A field of wildflowers? The sun shining on a passing truck?
- Stronger emotional reaction: Okay, here's the emotional crux of the entire fiasco. I never got to love the road, or even the destination. But there were moments. Little snatches of beauty that are the only things that give those who can't see beyond the moment the motivation to keep moving forward. I'm talking about the passing wind on sun-kissed skin, or that perfect bite of food that makes you forget the world outside.
- 6:00 PM: Home. Unpack. Laundry. The real world.
- 7:00 PM: Dinner. Leftovers.
- 8:00 PM: Sigh contentedly. Home.
Final Verdict (and rambles):
The Holiday Inn Express Abilene was… a hotel. It provided a bed, a shower, and a slightly underwhelming breakfast. It served its purpose. Abilene? Well, Abilene is what you make of it, I guess. I didn't find a diamond in the rough. But, I did find some decent burgers and, yes, a quiet bed. And sometimes, that's enough. Was it the best trip ever? Absolutely not. Would I do it again? Maybe. But definitely with a better pair of jeans. And maybe, just maybe, a little less existential dread. And more pizza. Always more pizza. Goodbye, Abilene. Until we meet again…probably never. But, ya never know. Maybe next time, I'll find those diamonds.
(P.S. Apologies to Abilene. It's not you, it's me…and my inherent cynicism.)
Unbelievable Luxury Awaits: Hotel Reve Taichung's Hidden Paradise!
Okay, Seriously... Is this Holiday Inn Express in Abilene REALLY the "BEST"? I've heard things...
The Room! Spill the Tea! Was it...Clean? Or a Horror Show?
Let's Talk Breakfast. Because, Priorities.
The Staff: Angels or Demons?
The Pool. Gotta Know. Was it a Refreshing Oasis or a Swamp Monster Lair?
Okay, You're Dancing Around It. Give Me the Real Verdict! Was this Hotel a Complete Disaster?
Any Specific Horror Stories?
So Final Grade?

