St. Croix Valley Getaway: Unbelievably Luxurious Holiday Inn Express Stay!

Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Croix Valley By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Croix Valley By IHG United States

St. Croix Valley Getaway: Unbelievably Luxurious Holiday Inn Express Stay!

St. Croix Valley Getaway: My Unbelievably Luxurious Holiday Inn Express Stay (and the Whirlwind of Opinions That Followed!)

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from the St. Croix Valley Getaway, and let me tell you, my expectations were… well, they were Holiday Inn Express-sized. You know what I mean? Solid, reliable, maybe a slightly sad waffle. But WOW, this place was a different beast. They’re claiming “unbelievably luxurious,” and I’m going to be honest… they weren’t lying.

This isn't your grandma's Holiday Inn Express. Seriously.

Let's dive in, shall we? (Warning: Rambling ahead!)

First Impressions: Accessibility, and That Sweet, Sweet Wi-Fi!

Right off the bat, the accessibility impressed me. I wasn’t personally needing it this trip, but seeing ramps, elevators (big up for the elevator, am I right?), and clearly labeled accessible rooms gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling. They're clearly thinking about everyone, and that's a HUGE win in my book. And let's not forget the glorious, life-giving Free Wi-Fi in ALL rooms! Praise be! Actually, it was super fast and reliable throughout the whole place, which is crucial for someone who, ahem, works and also, you know, needs to binge-watch Netflix. The Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet Services, all tickled my digital fancy.

Cleanliness and Safety: Pandemic-Proofed Perfection (Almost!)

Okay, this is where they really knocked it out of the park. The cleanliness was insane. Like, hospital-level clean, which, in a post-pandemic world, is exactly what you want. They've clearly invested in Anti-viral cleaning products and Daily disinfection in common areas. I even saw a housekeeper meticulously wiping down the elevator buttons. A+ for attention to detail! The Hot water linen and laundry washing and the Rooms sanitized between stays made me feel safe and surprisingly secure. The Staff trained in safety protocol and the Hand sanitizer dispensers everywhere, didn't hurt either. You know they’re taking things seriously. And as a HUGE bonus, they offer the Room sanitization opt-out available.

The only slight blip? While they had physical distancing in place and were offering Individually-wrapped food options, I did see a few folks in the breakfast buffet who seemed to be ignoring the space rule. But, hey, you can’t control everyone, right?

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Waffles, Coffee, and… More Waffles!

Alright, the food. The lifeblood. And, yes, there were waffles. Glorious, crispy, slightly-burnt-in-the-best-way waffles. But it was SO much more! The Breakfast [buffet] was actually pretty decent, with a good selection. The Coffee/tea in restaurant (and in my room, THANK GOD) was plentiful. They even had Breakfast takeaway service which was clutch for my early morning adventure. I didn't try any of the other dining options but I loved seeing the Poolside bar.

I did see people snacking and drinking at the Poolside bar.

I would have REALLY enjoyed a Vegetarian restaurant, but alas, there wasn't.

Ways to Relax: The Spa, The Pool, and My Inner Peace

Okay, let's talk relaxation. THIS is where the "unbelievably luxurious" part really kicked in. They have a Swimming pool [outdoor] and a Pool with view, and they provide everything you need. And seriously, that view from the pool was STUNNING.

I didn't dive into the spa stuff personally. I'm more of a 'splurge on a good book and a nap' kinda gal, but I peeked at the Spa/sauna, Steamroom, and Massage options and they looked seriously tempting. Maybe next time! The Fitness center was decent, though I'm not exactly a gym rat, so I mostly just admired the equipment from afar.

Services and Conveniences: Where Everything (Almost) Wants to Make Your Life Easier

This hotel is a service machine! The **24-hour *Front desk [24-hour*, and the *Concierge* were ridiculously helpful. They had Daily housekeeping of course, and I appreciated things like the Elevator, and the Luggage storage. I didn't use many of the business features, but the Meeting/banquet facilities looked well-equipped for stuff like the Seminars and Meetings.

My Room: A Haven of Comfort and Technology

My room! Ah, my sanctuary. Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Double check. The Bed was like sleeping on a cloud. The Free Wi-Fi was fast everywhere, and the Desk, Laptop workspace, and Complimentary tea made working on my laptop a breeze. I loved the bathrobes and the slippers – little touches that elevated the whole experience. And the hair dryer was actually powerful, which is always a win for us ladies. The Additional toilet and Seating area were nice extras, although I didn't make use of these. This place had everything: Coffee/tea maker, a Mini bar and Refrigerator, a Shower and Separate shower/bathtub, etc. and the Scale was there if you wanted to know how much you weigh.

My Favorite Moment? (And a Small Glitch!)

Okay, full disclosure: I had a slightly meh moment with the Room service [24-hour]. I ordered a salad and it was… well, it was a salad. Nothing to write home about. But the service was prompt and friendly, which definitely softened the blow.

But my absolute favorite moment? It was when I was, after a long day, finally able to get a coffee from the restaurant and sit in the pool with the view that I mentioned earlier. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and thought- "This is living".

The Verdict: Should YOU Book This St. Croix Valley Getaway?

ABSOLUTELY! (Especially if you love waffles). If you value cleanliness, a wide array of amenities, and a solid dose of relaxation, this Holiday Inn Express is surprisingly top-tier. It's perfect for a weekend getaway, a business trip, or honestly, just a little self-care reset.

I'm going to give it a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars. It truly was an Unbelievably Luxurious Holiday Inn Express Stay!

------------------------------------------------

SEO-Boosting Offer: Book Now & Get a Complimentary Spa Voucher!

(Target Audience: Relaxation seekers, couples, families, business travelers)

Headline: Escape to Luxury: Unwind at the St. Croix Valley Getaway & Get a FREE Spa Treatment!

Body:

Tired of the everyday grind? Yearning for a getaway that combines comfort, convenience, and pure relaxation? Look no further than the St. Croix Valley Getaway: Unbelievably Luxurious Holiday Inn Express Stay!

We're offering incredible value for your next trip:

  • Unrivaled Cleanliness & Safety: Rest easy knowing that we prioritize your well-being with rigorous cleaning protocols, providing you with a safe and secure environment.
  • Luxurious Amenities: Dive into our beautiful Swimming pool with view, unwind in our spa, enjoy delicious dining options, and stay connected with Free Wi-Fi.
  • Comfort & Convenience: Enjoy spacious rooms, comfortable beds with an array of amenities including Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!, and exceptional service around the clock.

Limited-Time Offer - Book your stay at the St. Croix Valley Getaway today and receive a complimentary voucher for a relaxing spa treatment of your choice!

This is your chance to experience the ultimate in comfort, convenience, and rejuvenation. Click below to book your stay and claim your FREE spa voucher!

Don't miss out! Book your St. Croix Valley Getaway now!

Includes keywords:

  • St. Croix Valley Getaway
  • Holiday Inn Express
  • Luxury
  • Spa
  • Relaxation
  • Swimming pool
  • Free Wi-Fi
  • Cleanliness
  • Safety
  • Weekend getaway
  • Business trip
  • Couple's retreat
  • Family vacation
  • St. Croix
  • Hotel deals
  • Book hotel
  • Vacation
  • Getaway
  • Comfort
  • Convenience
  • Ammenities
  • Cleanliness
  • Safety
Gatlinburg Getaway: Unbeatable Econo Lodge Deals Near the Convention Center!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Croix Valley By IHG United States

Okay, buckle up, buttercups. This isn't your grandma's perfectly-planned holiday itinerary. This is a real attempt at a trip to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Croix Valley (by IHG!) in the US. Prepare for a wild ride… (And maybe a little jet lag-induced rambling.)

Operation: "St. Croix Valley, Survive and Thrive!"

Day 1: The Escape (and the Questionable Coffee)

  • Morning (Let's Say 7:00 AM, But Who Are We Kidding?): Woke up. Or maybe I was woken. Alarm clock. The enemy of a good time. Dragged myself out of bed. Packing. Okay, deep breaths. Did I remember the charger? The panic starts already.

  • 7:30 AM: Grabbed a desperately-needed coffee from the home machine. It looked okay. It tasted…like regret. Seriously contemplating a pre-trip coffee run to a real coffee shop.

  • 9:00 AM: Left the house. Traffic was, as always, a special kind of hell. Every single intersection felt like a personal affront. My existential dread meter was already at a solid 7.

  • 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM : Arrived at Airport . Security check was a breeze…until I forgot my belt. Had to take it off. Awkward shuffle of the limbs. Looked like a particularly incompetent robot.

  • 1:00 PM- 1:30 PM: Arrived at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Croix Valley by IHG. The lobby seemed… perfectly fine? Clean. Smelled vaguely of chlorine and optimism. Check-in was blessedly quick. The woman at the desk was very friendly, which, let's be honest, is always a gamble in the service industry. She was a ray of sunshine!

  • 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM: Room exploration time! Okay, so the room is…standard. Clean, with a comfy-looking bed. The view? Meh. Parking lot. But hey, a bed is a bed. I had the sudden impulse to jump on it. Resisted. (Mostly.) Decided to check out the bathroom. Water pressure? Crucial.

  • 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: The pool. Okay, the pool looks… small. And kinda sad. But hey, I am going to jump into it. But first I need to go to the stores nearby to get the swimming gear.

  • 4:00 PM- 5:00 PM: Unpacked. (Mostly. There's a suitcase of mystery items that will probably remain untouched.) A snack. A quick scroll through Instagram (because, clearly, I have my priorities straight). Contemplating the meaning of life. Again.

  • Evening (6:00 PM - 7:00 PM): I needed food and I needed it now. Went to one of the local restaurants after looking up on the internet. The food? Solid, if slightly unremarkable. But the company? Fantastic. They were so friendly and chatty.

  • Evening (8:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Back at the hotel. Collapsed on the bed. Checked my phone obsessively. Realized I haven't actually accomplished anything other than breathing and existing. Feeling a slight pang of guilt and a strong desire to order room service (which, alas, is not an option at this hotel.)

  • 9:00 PM - Bedtime (Whenever that happens!): Decided to watch tv. Ended up scrolling through endless channels like a zombie. Started to actually feel relaxed. Maybe this trip is going to be…okay. Maybe it'll even be… fun. Or maybe I'll just sleep through the whole thing. We'll see. The coffee from this morning is still in my system.

Day 2: The Great Outdoors (and the Great Dilemma)

  • Morning (Let's Pray for 8:00 AM!): Breakfast. Free breakfast at the Holiday Inn Express. This is one of those moments you have to grab all the food to eat. Was it delicious? Honestly, the scrambled eggs were… spongy. The coffee was…better than yesterday’s. Progress!

  • 9:00 AM -12:00 PM: The great outdoors! Attempted a hike. Okay, it started promisingly. Beautiful scenery. Fresh air. Birds chirping. Then, the blisters started to emerge. Then, the humidity hit. Then, I got lost. Briefly. My sense of direction? Woeful. Eventually, stumbled back to the car, defeated but alive. And with a newfound appreciation for comfortable shoes. I should probably have prepared more.

  • 12:00 PM- 1:00 PM: Lunch. Decided to go back to the hotel.

  • 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Decisions, decisions! Should I spend my precious time in the pool? Should I take a nap? Should I just curl up in bed and watch endless episodes of something mindless? And that’s when I had the brilliant idea of going back to the pool but I was kinda bored.

  • 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Tried the pool again. It was…still small. But at least I was alone. This time I enjoyed it a bit. The water was actually a decent temperature. Spent a blissful hour just floating and staring at the ceiling. Pure, unadulterated relaxation. This is what vacations are supposed to be about.

  • Evening (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Dinner. I decided to try a place recommended by the front desk woman. It was amazing.

  • Evening (8:00 PM -Bedtime): Maybe I should go back to my room. But what if I should go to watch a movie.

Day 3: The Journey Home (and a Moment of Reflection)

  • Morning: Woke up. (Again, shocker.) That pre-trip coffee feels like a distant memory. Breakfast. Same spongy eggs, same slightly-better coffee. But hey, appreciation is key.

  • 9:00 AM- 10:00 AM: Checked out of the hotel. Said goodbye to the friendly woman at the front desk. I have a strange feeling of sadness.

  • 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Travel back home.

  • 12:00 PM- 1:00 PM: Reached home.

  • The Aftermath: Unpacked. (Finally! The mystery suitcase is no longer a mystery!) Laundry. The soul-crushing reality of returning to everyday life. But I had a good time.

  • Final Thoughts (Because That’s How It’s Supposed to End, Right?): The Holiday Inn Express was… perfectly adequate. The St. Croix Valley? Pleasant. Did I become a new person? No. Did I have a transformative experience? Maybe not. But I survived. I relaxed. I got a little bit lost. And sometimes, that's enough. Now, where’s the coffee…

Wingate by Wyndham Greensboro: Coliseum's BEST Hotel? (You'll be SHOCKED!)

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Croix Valley By IHG United States

St. Croix Valley Getaway: Unbelievably Luxurious Holiday Inn Express Stay! (Yeah, Right...) - A Messy FAQ

Okay, "Unbelievably Luxurious"? Seriously? What planet are we on?

Look, "Unbelievably Luxurious" might be stretching it. Let's be honest, we're talking Holiday Inn Express. But the *idea* of a getaway... that's the key. My expectations were low, fueled by the late-night booking and the promise of a "complimentary breakfast." It was more "complimentary lukewarm scrambled eggs and a sadness waffle," but hey! It was *free*! I was going to go to the St. Croix Valley, I was going to escape. And for a weekend, it *almost* worked.

What exactly did you *do* while on this… *luxurious* getaway? Spill the beans!

Alright, alright, let's get into it. First, this whole thing was brought on by a colossal argument with... well, let's just say the *usual suspects*. I needed *out*. And the St. Croix Valley, with its supposed scenic beauty, seemed as good a place as any to lick my wounds and eat an entire bag of cheesy puffs (Don't judge!). * **Day 1: The Arrival and Disappointment (But with a Twist!)** I booked a room last minute. The drive was pretty, all Fall foliage and the kind of crisp air that makes you forget your life is a dumpster fire, at least for a little while. The hotel? Standard. But there was a pool! And it looked, at first, like a beautiful place for solitude. I wore my new bathing suit, the one that made me feel like a Bond girl. Okay, maybe a Bond girl who enjoys a free continental breakfast. The pool? Closed. *Completely* closed. "Unexpected maintenance," they said. My face must've been a picture. I ate the cheesy puffs. Then the front desk lady gave me a coupon for an extra coffee. Bless her heart, she tried! Also, the wifi was so slow; it took ages to get past the "hotel website" that felt like a throwback. So, I wound up wandering around the small shops and buying a scarf I would never wear (but, hey, I looked good while feeling bad, OKAY?).

The Breakfast. You mentioned the breakfast... was it truly the culinary highlight everyone raves about?

*Sigh*. The breakfast. Okay, I have to be brutally honest here. The "complimentary" breakfast was, shall we say, a *journey*. Yes, the scrambled eggs were, as mentioned, lukewarm and vaguely rubbery. The sausage patties? Suspiciously uniform. The waffles? The waffle iron was haunted by the ghost of holiday travelers past, and I had to hit the button about 200+ times to get a vaguely brown waffle. But, and this is important, they had instant oatmeal! And that oatmeal saved my emotional state. I swear, I ate five packets of that stuff. It was the comfort I needed to endure the remainder of the day.

So, let's say things weren't perfect. What *did* you actually enjoy? Give me some happy nuggets!

Okay, okay! Amidst the lukewarm eggs and the closed pool, some good things happened! * **The River Walk.** The St. Croix River itself? Absolutely gorgeous. I walked along the river for hours, and it was bliss. The leaves were changing, the air was crisp, and the water was a beautiful, moody gray. I even saw a bald eagle! It felt like a tiny, tiny win, after a pretty crappy week. You wouldn't think a bird could make all the difference, but it did. I felt better... and forgot the argument for a whole hour. * **The Bookstore:** There was this *amazing* used bookstore I stumbled into. Lost in the dusty shelves, and the smell of old paper... Oh, man, I could've stayed there forever. They had a first edition I'd wanted forever, at a ridiculously low price. That book is now in my hands, a physical, tangible memory. * **The People (Surprisingly).** The woman at the bookstore, the front desk lady who felt my pain and the waitress at the little diner near the hotel. They all were just...nice. That counts! A little kindness can save a broken heart, truly.

So, would you recommend this St. Croix Valley getaway? Be honest!

Look, if you're expecting true luxury, book somewhere else. If you're expecting gourmet food, pack your own snacks. If you need 5-star everything, just... go spend some money. BUT! For a quick escape, a chance to breathe, and a reminder that the world is still pretty despite the chaos... yeah, I'd recommend it. Especially if you like watery waffles and used bookstores. I'm already planning the next one: maybe a different hotel, maybe a better breakfast, but definitely, *definitely* a return to that river walk. (And I am packing my own eggs!). The "unbelievably luxurious" part is a joke. It was a real, human, imperfect, slightly sad but ultimately *good* time. And sometimes, that's all you need.

Any regrets?

Regrets? Absolutely. I regret not bringing a bottle of wine for my river walk. And maybe packing a better bathing suit. Oh, and the cheesy puffs? Totally overate them. But, do I regret going? Absolutely not. It was a small, imperfect act of self-care. And sometimes, that's the most luxurious thing of all.
Stayin The Heart

Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Croix Valley By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Croix Valley By IHG United States