Plymouth's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review! (You WON'T Believe This)

Holiday Inn Express - Plymouth By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express - Plymouth By IHG United States

Plymouth's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review! (You WON'T Believe This)

Plymouth's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review! (You WON'T Believe This… Maybe)

Alright, alright, alright Plymouth! Let's talk hotels. Specifically, let's talk about the Holiday Inn Express – the alleged cream of the crop. And honestly? I went in with skepticism. Holiday Inn Express? Seriously? But buckle up, buttercups, because this review got wild. (Disclaimer: I’m typing this with coffee stains on my shirt, so forgive the inevitable tangents.)

First, the Lowdown - Accessibility & Safety (The Stuff That Actually Matters):

Okay, let's get the sensible stuff squared away. Accessibility is a big win. The website claims wheelchair accessibility (and I saw elevators!), which is HUGE. Didn't personally need it, but good to know they're thinking about everyone. More on that "claims" thing later.

And the safety… look, 2024, right? They're doing the right things. Hand sanitizer everywhere (thank the gods), CCTV, and a general feeling of being watched (in a good, "we're keeping you safe" kind of way, not a creepy stalker way). Staff trained in safety protocol? Check. Anti-viral cleaning products? Another check. They even have that doctor/nurse on call thingy. I didn’t need it, but it’s… reassuring, I guess? They're trying!

Important Side Note: *I didn't see any evidence of a shrine in the lobby, like the list mentioned. Unless they hid it *really* well.*

Rooms & Amenities – The "Meh" and the "Woah, Actually Pretty Good":

Okay, the rooms… here's where things get interesting. I went for a standard room, nothing fancy.

  • The Good: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES! And it actually worked at decent speeds. Air conditioning (essential, especially in the weird UK weather). Blackout curtains! Saved my sanity after a long day of… well, let’s just say "exploring". The bed was comfy. Seriously comfy. I sunk in and almost didn't get out. Free bottled water. A small thing, but appreciated. There's also the ubiquitous coffee/tea maker, which is always a godsend.
  • The Not-So-Good: The décor is… well, it's a Holiday Inn Express. Functional. Clean. Bland. Expect beige. Expect a bit of corporate-ness. And, I won’t lie, the carpet… felt kinda like it had history. (Maybe a story for another time, eh?) And the toiletries… fine, but nothing to write home about.
  • Internet, Internet [LAN], and the Internet Services: The Wi-Fi was good, as talked about. I didn't try the Internet [LAN], because, like, who uses LAN anymore? Internet services seems to just refer to the Wi-Fi.

Now for the Really interesting part - The Breakfast (and the Near-Disaster):

This is where the Holiday Inn Express almost stole my heart. They boast a Breakfast [buffet]. They also claim Breakfast takeaway service. And it’s a… serious breakfast.

Okay, here's the reality: the buffet was decent. Decent being code for "surprisingly good, considering its mass production". You had your standard Western breakfast: eggs, bacon, sausage, those weird little potato things. They even had some Asian breakfast options, which was a nice surprise and a testament to their international cuisine in restaurant.

The Near-Disaster: I reached the breakfast area, my stomach grumbling like a hungry lion. The buffet in restaurant looked magnificent. I thought to myself, "Today, I conquer the breakfast buffet." I got in line with my plate and then… horror.

I reached the eggs and the only option was… fried eggs. I hate them! I looked to the staff and asked if they had other options. (Note: the staff were generally lovely, by the way.) The response? "No, love, just fried eggs."

The despair! The tragedy! I mean, first world problems, I know, but a man's breakfast is serious business! So, I dejectedly took some bacon and a roll, when suddenly a hero appeared in the form of a kind lady who saw my sadness. She told me to wait and asked the kitchen to make some scrambled eggs for me.

And then?

They did! Pure, golden, fluffy scrambled eggs arrived! I swear, I almost cried. This is where the Holiday Inn Express won me over. It wasn't fancy, but it was the small act of kindness. It made me think this Hotel cares. And the staff were super friendly during breakfast service, answering all my silly questions.

Side Notes About Dining:

  • They also have a bar. I didn't make it, but I heard it’s functional.
  • They do have a coffee shop, but it's the same coffee as breakfast.
  • I didn't see a vegetarian restaurant, but there were vegetarian options.
  • There's a snack bar… don’t go in expecting Michelin stars.
  • The food was generally safe, Individually-wrapped food options were offered as well.

Oh, and a Few More Rambles about the Amenities and Services:

  • Fitness center: Small. Functional. I didn't go. Judgment passed.
  • Pool with view: Nope. Think standard indoor pool, not infinity edge.
  • Spa: Absolutely not. Not even a hint of aromatherapy.
  • Wi-Fi for special events: I didn’t host a special event, so I couldn't say.
  • Pet-Allowed unavailable … I don't like pets, so that's totally fine with me.

Cleanliness and Safety (Revisited – Because It Matters):

They're trying. Professional-grade sanitizing services? Probably. Rooms sanitized between stays? I hope so! I definitely saw the Daily disinfection in common areas. Cashless payment service? Check. They're definitely taking the health situation seriously. I even think they have Sanitized kitchen and tableware items. They are really serious about hygiene.

Staff, Services, and Conveniences – The Glue Holding It Together (and Some Quirks):

  • The front desk staff were generally solid, very friendly and happy to help.
  • Daily housekeeping – yep, rooms sparkly clean!
  • Laundry service (for those who are incredibly messy and don't want to do their own laundry).
  • Concierge (I didn't need one, but it’s there).
  • Facilities for disabled guests they say (but I'd double-check if accessibility is paramount).
  • Car park [free of charge] – a HUGE win! Especially in Plymouth.
  • Convenience store – well stocked with essentials
  • Luggage storage – all good.
  • Elevator – yes, thankfully.

The Verdict and the "You Won't Believe This" Part (Mostly):

Alright, friends, is the Holiday Inn Express Plymouth the best hotel? Well… maybe. It's not the Ritz. It's not fancy. But… it's solid. It’s reliable. It’s comfortable. That breakfast almost turned into a masterpiece.

The "You Won't Believe This" Part:

The staff made the difference. They were genuinely nice. Not the fake, forced-smile nice, but the "I actually enjoy my job and want you to have a good stay" nice. That, for me, is worth a lot.

So, here's my bottom line:

Recommend? Yes, probably. Worth it? Definitely. Will I stay there again? Possibly.

And here's a little insider secret, just for you:

(And this is where things get a little messy, so bear with me…)

When I was checking out, the front desk clerk asked me if I had everything I needed. And I told her, "Actually, I almost didn't get any scrambled eggs, but your staff came through! It was a breakfast miracle!" The clerk smiled, laughed, and gave me a free bottle of water.

Small gestures like that can make all the difference.

My Crazy Crazy Recommendation for Plymouth's BEST Hotel: Holiday Inn Express! (Book Now, Before I Do Again!)

Because, I just found this insane deal and you won't believe the perks!

Hey Plymouth Explorers!

Tired of hotels that feel like cardboard cutouts? Craving a stay that's both comfortable and actually cares? Look no further than the Holiday Inn Express Plymouth!

Why You NEED to Book NOW:

  • Free Wi-Fi! Stream, surf, and stay connected without a second thought.
Agojo Beach House: Your Dream Philippine Paradise Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express - Plymouth By IHG United States

Okay, buckle up buttercup, because this isn't your grandma's itinerary. This is Plymouth, Massachusetts, with yours truly, and we're gonna get real. And by real, I mean mostly fueled by bad coffee and a profound fear of seagulls. This is gonna be messy, imperfect, and hopefully, kinda hilarious. Here goes nothin'…

Holiday Inn Express - Plymouth (By IHG) - The Unofficial Itinerary & My Sanity Checklist

Day 1: Arrival and the Crushing Weight of History (and a Bed That Doesn't Quite Meet Expectations)

  • 1:00 PM: Arrive at Boston Logan International Airport. Okay, so the flight was delayed. Surprise, surprise. This is already a disaster. I'm pretty sure the airline lost my favorite travel-sized (but still expensive) moisturizer. Deep breaths. Right, Plymouth… Plymouth, here I come. Muttering to myself, a coping mechanism.
  • 2:30 PM: Rental car pickup. The car rental guy, bless his heart, looked like he hadn't slept since the Clinton administration. "Uh, you want the insurance?" he asked, eyes glazed. "Yes," I said, picturing myself careening into a historical reenactor.
  • 3:30 PM: Check into the Holiday Inn Express. First impressions? Clean enough. The front desk lady was super sweet, which always soothes my travel anxiety. Rooms?… Fine. The sheets are, aight, but the pillows? Meh. Like sleeping on a brick of slightly lumpy optimism. Definitely bringing my own next time. Note to Self: Pack better pillows.
  • 4:00 PM: A minor but critical crisis. Unpacked my bag. Realized I forgot my toothbrush. Panic sets in. This is the end of days. Gotta find a drugstore. Prayin' to the travel gods.
  • 4:30 PM: Toothbrush acquired. Crisis averted. Now, to face the Pilgrims…
  • 5:00 PM: Plymouth Rock. Alright, fine. It's a rock. A famous rock. A very small, underwhelming rock. The chain surrounding it felt more impressive than the rock itself. I tried really hard to feel something. I felt… maybe slightly damp from the ocean breeze…
    • Anecdote: I saw a kid try to lick the rock. I was both horrified and secretly impressed by his commitment to historical immersion. Security guard gave him the side-eye. Kids, man.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner at a local place. Found a seafood shack. Atmosphere? Nautical. Food? Slightly overpriced clams that tasted like… well, clams. I have yet to find a clam that I truly, passionately love. The waitress was really, really nice. I tipped her well.
  • 7:30 PM: Evening walk along the waterfront. The sunset was… actually, it was pretty spectacular. Okay, Plymouth, you're starting to redeem yourself.
  • 8:30 PM: Back to the hotel. TV. Attempt to find something that isn't reality TV. Fail. Fall asleep on my slightly lumpy pillow, dreaming of toothpaste commercials.
    • Emotional Reaction: Exhaustion. Mild disappointment, but still somewhat charmed by the town. This is all going to be fine. Probably.

Day 2: Ships, and Souls, and… More Clams? (Definitely More Clams)

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast at the hotel. The usual. Mystery meat sausage. Questionable orange juice. Coffee that's… well, it's coffee. Fueling up for a day of history… or more aptly, a day of wandering around, feeling mildly confused.
  • 9:00 AM: The Mayflower II! Absolutely loved it. Stepping aboard that ship felt like stepping back in time. I'm not typically a history buff, but the volunteer tour guides were fantastic.
    • Quirky Observation: I swear, the ship smells of old wood and repressed Puritan anxieties. Kinda comforting, in a weird way.
    • Double Down: The ship was really fascinating. Seeing how people survived back then was almost unbelievable. Thinking about the length of the journey in a vessel that size, with the challenges of that time, it just gives you a different perspective on life.
  • 10:30 AM: Plimoth Patuxet Museums. Okay, this place is incredible. Seeing the Wampanoag homesite and learning about both the native and the pilgrim culture was fascinating. I was actually moved by the stories. I had to hold back tears. I think I learned far more about history in those two days than I ever did in school.
    • Anecdote: Talked to a woman dressed as a Pilgrim, who stayed perfectly in character the entire time, even when I asked if they had Wi-Fi. (They did not, by the way.)
  • 12:30 PM: Lunch at a little cafe in town, and decided to be adventurous and try the clam chowder. It was… better than yesterday's clams. Still not love, but at least I didn’t hate it.
    • Rambling Thought: The thing about travel is you find yourself really liking the most unexpected things. Like bad clam chowder. Or the historical significance of rocks. You just have to let go of your expectations.
  • 2:00 PM: Shopping. Found an adorable little antique shop with trinkets and oddities that I just had to have. Spent way too much money. No regrets. Well, maybe a few…
  • 3:30 PM: Attempting to go to the Pilgrim Hall Museum. Closed due to renovations. Ugh.
  • 4:00 PM: Another walk along the waterfront. More seagull dodging. These birds are relentless.
  • 6:00 PM: Dinner. Okay, seafood again. This time, opting for a lobster roll. It was… heavenly. The food gods have finally answered my prayers!
  • 8:00 PM: Back at the hotel. Contemplating ordering room service, but my wallet is crying. Decide on instant noodles I brought, and enjoy them in what I think is a moment of peak sadness.
  • 9:00 PM: Writing notes and drinking terrible cheap coffee.
    • Emotional Reaction: Contentment. A little bit of melancholic nostalgia already creeping in. Plymouth, you crazy place, you got me.

Day 3: Goodbye, Plymouth (and the End of the Terrible Coffee, Thank God)

  • 8:00 AM: Breakfast. Still the same questionable offerings.
  • 9:00 AM: Final walk to a local shop to buy souvenirs. Ended up buying more of those trinkets!
  • 10:00 AM: Check-out. Said goodbye to the front desk lady. We bonded over a shared hatred of the hotel coffee.
  • 11:00 AM: Drive to the airport. Reflecting on the journey.
  • 12:00 PM: Arrive at the airport. And the flight is delayed.

Final Thoughts (Because I Have Too Many):

Plymouth, Massachusetts? Definitely worth it. Clams? Still not my thing, but you get used to them. The Holiday Inn Express? Fine. (Bring your own pillow.) The history? Fascinating, even for a history-skeptic like me. Would I recommend it? Absolutely. Just pack some good coffee, a sense of humor, and maybe a hazmat suit for the seagulls. And if you see a short, slightly frazzled person wandering around muttering to themselves, that's probably me. Go say hi. We can commiserate over bad coffee together.

Morristown's BEST Hotel? IHG's Hidden Gem Revealed!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express - Plymouth By IHG United States

Plymouth's Holiday Inn Express: The Real Deal? (You WON'T Believe This!) - Let's Get Messy!

Okay, spill the beans! Is the Holiday Inn Express in Plymouth actually *good*?

Alright, alright, settle down! "Good" is a loaded word, isn't it? Depends what you're after. Are you expecting the Ritz? Then, honey, you’re in the wrong place. But... for a budget-friendly stay in Plymouth, a place to crash after a day of exploring the Barbican, maybe a cheeky trip to the Theatre Royal? Then yeah, it's… decent. Let's just say I've stayed in far, far *worse* places. Like, places where you're actively suspecting the bedbugs are plotting against you. This one… well, it probably *has* bedbugs, but they’re probably not actively plotting *yet*. (Just kidding? Maybe...)

The Breakfast – Honest Truth. Bacon? Sausages? Or just sadness in a buffet?

Oh, the *breakfast*. This is where things get… interesting. Okay, deep breaths. Here's the reality: It's a Holiday Inn Express breakfast. Expectations should be managed. They definitely *have* the essentials. Cereal, fruit (sometimes looking a little… tired), pastries that are technically edible, and the all-important, slightly-soggy-but-still-there bacon. The sausages? Well, they're sausages. Let's just say they're more… *textured* than your average premium sausage. The coffee is… coffee. You'll survive. I *will* say this though: the *one* time I went, they were out of orange juice. Complete and utter breakfast meltdown. My entire day was thrown off! Kidding... kinda.

The Rooms: Clean? Comfy? Or a potential battleground for dust bunnies?

Alright, the rooms. This is where the Holiday Inn Express *usually* redeems itself. Generally, they're clean. Emphasis on *generally*. I mean, don't go expecting pristine perfection; remember, it's a budget hotel. But the beds are surprisingly comfy. Always a plus. I've had rooms that overlooked the… well, let's just say the *view* was “industrial”. But hey, I wasn’t there for the scenery, was I? Although, one time... ONE TIME... the air conditioning sounded like a particularly angry vacuum cleaner. Kept me up half the night. I swear I could hear the little dust bunnies cheer. (Okay, I'm probably hallucinating.) But the point is, room comfort varies, just like life, really. But, for the price, I'd usually say, it's a pass.

Parking at the Hotel: Nightmare Fuel or Smooth Sailing?

Parking! Ah, the bane of every driver's existence. Okay, good news and bad news. The good news: they have parking. The bad news: it's usually, *kinda* tight. And depending on the time you arrive... well, prepare for a bit of a squeeze. I once spent a solid 20 minutes playing Tetris with my car trying to squeeze into a nonexistent space, finally having to accept a spot that resembled a very aggressive suggestion and then immediately feeling guilty for taking up someone’s space. Eventually I just gave up and went for a walk. Just be warned. Arrive early, or be prepared to channel your inner parking ninja. Or just take a bus. The bus is usually a good option. I should have taken the bus.

Let's Talk Location! Is it Convenient for Exploring Plymouth?

Location, location, location! Okay, this is where the Holiday Inn Express actually *shines*. It's generally pretty well-located. Reasonably close to the city centre, a manageable walk to the Barbican (think charming cobbled streets, delightful seafood), and not a million miles from the main attractions. Getting around is generally easy. Public transport is accessible. Ubers are available. (Thank god for Ubers, honestly.) I once walked the entire length of the Plymouth Hoe, and I will never forget the feeling. It was so beautiful.

What's the Wi-Fi Like? Essential for the Modern Traveler, of Course.

Wi-Fi. The ultimate test of a modern establishment, isn’t it? The Holiday Inn Express *usually* has decent Wi-Fi. Usually. I’ve had moments of blissful streaming, catching up on all the latest shows. Then, I’ve had moments of… pixelated agony. Where every webpage takes an eternity to load. Where you're desperately trying to send a quick email and end up contemplating your life choices. So, let's just say, don't rely on it for anything super crucial. Have a backup plan. Maybe download that essential movie on your phone *before* you get there. Just, you know, be prepared to be a bit… patient. And bring a book, just in case. Always bring a book.

The Staff: Friendly? Helpful? Or Should You Expect the Cold Shoulder?

The staff. Honestly? Usually fine. They're generally polite, helpful enough. I've never had a truly *horrendous* experience. They’ll point you in the right direction, answer your questions, and generally try to make your stay pleasant. They are the unsung heroes of the budget travel experience. I once asked the front desk for an iron at midnight, and they happily obliged. (Thank you, whoever that was, you saved my wrinkled shirt!) But don't expect excessive fawning. It's a functional kind of service, and, in my experience, that's perfectly acceptable.

Would You Stay There Again? The Ultimate Test!

Would I stay there again? Hmm. That depends. If I'm on a budget, short on time, and need a convenient base for exploring Plymouth? *Probably*, yes. I’m a creature of habit, after all. I know what I’m getting – a relatively clean room, a functional breakfast, a decent location, and (usually) a relatively painless experience. If I was looking for luxury, a spa, or world-class dining? Absolutely not. But for a practical, no-frills stay? Yeah, the Holiday Inn Express in Plymouth will likely be on my radar. Just don’t expect miracles. Come prepared. And maybe pack your own orange juice.
Hotels With Kitchenettes

Holiday Inn Express - Plymouth By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express - Plymouth By IHG United States