
Concordia's BEST Hotel? Holiday Inn Express Review (You Won't Believe This!)
Concordia's BEST Hotel? Hold on… Holiday Inn Express Review (You Won't Believe This!) - A Messy, Honest Take
Okay, folks, buckle up. Because I just spent a couple of days in Concordia at what's supposedly their "BEST" hotel: the Holiday Inn Express. Now, I'm not one for sugarcoating things, and let me tell you, this experience was… well, it was something. So, grab a coffee (or maybe a strong drink – you'll need it), because we're diving deep.
Accessibility: A Mixed Bag, Actually
Alright, let's start with the serious stuff. Accessibility is KEY. The Holiday Inn Express in Concordia? Well, they try. They say they have facilities for disabled guests, which is definitely a good starting point. There's an elevator, which is essential, obviously. I'm not a frequent wheelchair user but I checked and it seemed relatively smooth. However, I'm not sure how extensive the accessible room options are. This is a major area where they need to be transparent. I couldn't find a clear layout on the website, and that's a big red flag. They need to improve here, big time. So, cautiously optimistic on this front.
Rooms: Clean-ish & Functional (More on That Later)
Let's move on to the nitty-gritty of the actual rooms. You get what you expect – Air conditioning, which is a lifesaver because Concordia gets HOT. Free Wi-Fi (in all rooms!), thank god. Seriously, a deal-breaker if that didn't work. The Internet access – wireless worked consistently, which is a huge relief. I needed to work, and all that. The desk area was small, but functional. A laptop workspace is essential in this day and age.
The cleanliness… well, it wasn't sparkling. They clearly try. The listing claims rooms sanitized between stays, but… I noticed a little dust on the shelf. I'm not a germaphobe, but it made wonder if the room sanitization opt-out available. The daily housekeeping was a plus, even if they didn't always catch everything. Smoke detectors and fire extinguishers were present, so that's reassuring. Oh, and my room had a window that opens. Yes! Important for fresh air (especially after a night of questionable hotel food).
The bedding was… fine. They had extra-long bed options, which is good. A safe box is always a bonus. The mirror in the bathroom was adequate. The towels were fluffy, but not quite luxurious. Blackout curtains were a godsend for sleeping in. And there was a mini-bar, which was empty. Boo!
Food & Drink: Breakfast, The Buffet, and the Search for Decent Coffee
Okay, the dining, drinking, and snacking situation is where it gets… interesting. The breakfast [buffet] is a western breakfast affair. Think scrambled eggs that might have seen better days, questionable sausage, and a toaster that seems to have seen more action than the staff. The breakfast service itself was… efficient. They were trying to keep the buffet in restaurant stocked. The truth? I stuck to the (surprisingly decent) coffee and some toast. They do offer breakfast takeaway service, which is my recommendation if you are in a hurry.
The Asian cuisine in restaurant intrigued me, But I never made it. (Maybe next time?) The coffee/tea in restaurant was a godsend, but a decent coffee, was a struggle! The bottle of water was a nice touch, but I wish it wasn’t plastic.
They have a bar, which is nice for a nightcap. They also advertise a happy hour, which I completely missed, which is a shame!
Here’s Where It Got REALLY Interesting… My Breakfast Story
Okay, remember I said the breakfast buffet was something? Well, let me tell you. One morning, I went down. I was starving. I’m talking hanger-level hunger. And I went directly for the scrambled eggs. Now, I'm not a food critic, but these eggs… well, they were a shade of yellow I've never encountered before. Suspiciously yellow. I took a bite. My face gave it away, I swear! I quietly put the eggs back and went for the toast.
Now, let's be honest, these things happen. It's a buffet. But it's moments like these that make you appreciate the little things in life, like a decent cup of coffee.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Fitness? Seriously?
Okay, so the stuff about relaxing. They have a Fitness center, which I peeked at with a grimace. Let’s just say I wasn't inspired. I saw no Spa, no Sauna, and no Steamroom. There is a Swimming pool [outdoor] which looked okay, but I didn’t test it. The listing also lists massage and gym/fitness. These didn't seem to be readily available. It seems the "things to do" list is very optimistic.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Sanitization Shuffle
Let’s talk about this pandemic thing. The Holiday Inn Express appears to take Cleanliness and safety seriously. They boast Anti-viral cleaning products. They had hand sanitizer everywhere. The Staff trained in safety protocol, at least from what I could see, seemed to know the drill. I noticed Physical distancing of at least 1 meter signs. The Daily disinfection in common areas felt… well, present. But, you know, no one did a really in-depth clean.
Bottom Line: Worth It? Maybe… With Caveats
So, is the Holiday Inn Express in Concordia the "BEST"? Honestly? I’m hesitant. It's a decent option if you're on a budget and need a place to crash. The free Wi-Fi is a major plus. The staff were pleasant, and overall safety & security were alright.
However, the food is hit-or-miss (more miss, depending on your egg-enjoyment level), the "amenities" aren't necessarily reliably available, and the cleanliness could be better. The accessibility information wasn't clear enough.
My Verdict:
Book it if you’re looking for basic comfort, and are more interested in the location than the luxury. Just lower your expectations slightly.
Osaka's Hidden Gem: Uncover Dotonbori's BEST Kept Secret (L03)!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's itinerary. This is gonna be a chaotic, glorious, probably-slightly-hungover journey through the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Concordia, Kansas… or, as I like to call it, "The Land of Flat and Friendly Faces." Let's see if we survive this…
Day 1: Arrival, Anxiety, and the Illusion of Control.
- 2:00 PM (ish): ARRIVAL. Finally. After a drive that felt like it lasted a geological epoch, I pull into the parking lot. The hotel… well, it is a Holiday Inn Express. You know the drill: clean, brightly lit, and smells vaguely of chlorine and… hope? Let's find out. I swear, I feel like I'm on the Truman Show, waiting for the cameras to roll.
- 2:15 PM: Check-in. The front desk person seems… nice enough. But is it genuine niceness, or just the practiced politeness of someone who’s seen a thousand grumpy tourists? I can't decide. (I'm already judging the staff. Fantastic.) The key card seems to be working… progress!
- 2:30 PM: Room Recon. Ah, the promised land. Standard hotel room. Two beds, a desk, a TV blaring something… I can't even bring myself to care. I'm more concerned about the lingering scent of… something floral. My brain is in decision mode. Is it pleasant? Is it covering something up? I don’t know! (I’m already too invested in this.)
- 3:00 PM: RANT TIME. I unpack and I'm already filled with a low-level hum of anxiety. Did I pack enough socks? Did I leave the iron ON? (Okay, I didn't even bring an iron, but the thought is there. This is a problem.) I open the window, even though the air conditioning is on, partly because it feels like a sign of defiance and partly because I need to breathe.
- 4:00 PM: The pool. Or rather, the attempted pool visit. I'd packed my Speedos, feeling optimistic. Turns out the pool is closed. Maintenance. Of course it is. My inner drama queen is screaming. Fine. We'll channel this into… something productive. Possibly a nap.
- 5:00 PM: The Hunt For Caffeine. The in-room coffee is… questionable. I venture out to find actual, decent coffee. (Which, let's be honest, might be the only thing keeping me sane right now.) There's a gas station not too far… I make a mental note to check the date on anything I buy.
- 6:00 PM: Dinner. The "options." The hotel has a list of nearby restaurants. My stomach is rumbling. My soul is craving something more than a chain.
- 7:00 PM: The "Free" Breakfast Preparation. I'm trying to decide if I should even bother with this. I have an early start tomorrow, and the thought of a lukewarm waffle is… just… sigh.
- 8:00 PM: Evening wind-down. Back in the room. I try to relax; I watch a movie on TV and fail spectacularly. I'm too wound up and annoyed at the hotel's pool closure to focus. I try to write in my journal. The pen runs out of ink. I'm starting to think this trip is cursed.
- 9:00 PM: Lights out (maybe). I'm wrestling with the thermostat. The room is either an icebox or a sauna. And I can't sleep! I toss and turn, the hum of the air conditioning a constant companion. Ugh.
Day 2: Breakfast, Adventures, and the Unexpected.
- 6:30 AM: The Great Breakfast Debacle. Against my better judgment, I go to the "free" breakfast. And… it's not terrible? I wouldn't rave about it, but the waffles are edible, and the coffee is vaguely caffeinated. Score.
- 7:30 AM: Travel! I actually leave the hotel. A local attraction. I was going to leave early to beat the crowd, but that didn't happen. I arrive to an empty parking lot. What a surprise!
- 9:00 AM: Rambling. Okay, I am now utterly lost, both geographically and internally. I pull over by the side of the road due to an absolute panic about the route I was taking. I drink far too much water. I am at an all-time low.
- 10:00 AM: Okay… what the hell was that about? Deep breaths people! I am the type of person who hates being lost, but I'm also prone to getting lost. I try to get back on the road, and I realize my GPS is not working as the signal is awful.
- 11:00 AM: Check back into the hotel. I'm actually laughing now, in a slightly hysterical, "what is my life?" kind of way.
- 12:00 PM: Lunch! I eat something. I need to eat. Probably a burger. Or maybe… is there a decent taco place nearby? Ah heck.
- 1:00 PM: The bed. Oh, the luxurious comfort of the bed! A nap is had! An hour passes.
- 2:00 PM: The pool is STILL closed. Okay, I'm starting to have trust issues with this hotel.
- 3:00 PM: I find my way to the highway. I am finally ready to leave.
- 4:00 PM: I have made it to the next hotel.
Day 3: Departure. Or, The Epilogue of Blandness.
- 7:00 AM: "Free" Breakfast. Yeah, no. I pass. I do not have the emotional energy.
- 7:30 AM: Check out (finally!). The front desk person is different today. Less friendly. Or maybe I'm just projecting my own internal grumpiness.
- 8:00 AM: The Long Goodbye. I walk to my car.
- 8:15 AM: I start the car, and back away slowly.
This trip was… eventful. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Concordia? It was a Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Perfectly adequate, if utterly unremarkable. And yet… somehow, it was a microcosm of life itself: a chaotic, imperfect, and ultimately, slightly amusing experience. I’ll probably forget it in a week. But for now, thanks, Concordia. You were… something.
Fiji Paradise Found: Unforgettable Luxury at DoubleTree Sonaisali Island
HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS CONCORDIA: The Real Deal (Or is it?) - FAQs
So, is this place actually... good?
That "breakfast buffet"... spill. What's the deal?
Rooms: What's the vibe? Cramped? Cozy? Like you're in a time warp?
About the Internet and Connectivity – Was it a Digital Wasteland?
What about the staff? Friendly? Grumpy? Secretly plotting world domination?
The Pool: Was it a Sparkling Oasis, or More of a Swampy Situation?
Anything else that made you go, "Huh…"?
Would you stay here again? (Be honest!)

